Second Skin Audio

Can I fit two 15's in my trunk?

Seymore

I know I can fit a box for the 15's in there, it's just that will it be safe for the box to be 16" high but the cutouts be 14"? I'm definitely gonna double baffle and brace internally.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

can we see some pics? if your trunk opening (where the seats fold down) look like most other cars I'd say just cut the little bit of metal that hangs down. i always say go big or go home. if you have all that space use it! either 2 15s, 3 12s, 5 10s. i hate settling and always thinking... well what if i went bigger, or i wonder how the 15s would sound instead of these 12s.

id go 15s.... because i am going with 15s!!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I did a box for an 04 civic and if you think you're doing 15s better learn how to build Iin the trunk.otherwise it ain'thappening. Better check those trunk torsion bars too and rear 6x9s.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hi, I have a 2001 Honda Civic, and with a little mocking up, I found out that I can fit (barely) a box that's 16"H 44"w and 31"D, but with torres I know that I won't have to use all that depth for two 15's. My only concern is that with the height of the box, and the 3/4" MDF, I'll only have 14.5" height inside, and the 15's circle cutout is 14"

I plan on tuning to around ~32hz and fully deadening/sealing the trunk off from the cab (forward facing seats down)

Any opinions? If i can't use 15's efficiently i'm fine with sealing 12's

You can do the baffle like in the pic so is not 14.5":

TportAllAcross_zps80641d5b.jpg

I did a box for an 04 civic and if you think you're doing 15s better learn how to build Iin the trunk.otherwise it ain'thappening. Better check those trunk torsion bars too and rear 6x9s.

buddy of mine has a maxima with 2 15's built into the trunk. he has no torsion bars anymore. used to keep his trunk open with a piece of 2x4.

That's how this one is lmao.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I say just do 2 12s brother 15s are a pain I did that in my car 2 dc Xl m2 15s dam it was a pain in the ass its easier said then done and plus when u make a box outside ur craftman ship comes out better in my case I was so fustrated to finish my trunk I was cutting corners I no longer have that set up I'm going 12s so if ur patient and have time and skinny lol do it but if not do 12s

'01 civics have stock 6 1/2's all around

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived