Car Just Died. Annnnd Here We Go.....

Just waiting for the rain to calm down bit, guys, looks like the sun is trying to poke through.

If it was a security issue, i'd have a flashing security light on the dash and I don't. Ill check teh starter, but I don't see how a bad starter would cause the car to turn off while driving. Gonna try and turn the crank by hand as well. Counter-clockwise, right?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Just waiting for the rain to calm down bit, guys, looks like the sun is trying to poke through.

If it was a security issue, i'd have a flashing security light on the dash and I don't. Ill check teh starter, but I don't see how a bad starter would cause the car to turn off while driving. Gonna try and turn the crank by hand as well. Counter-clockwise, right?

Depends whoch way your looking at it, But if your using the crank bolt your going to want to tighten tht bolt bassically so clockwise of looking at the engine from feont of car

If the starter said FU and tried to engauge while running, theres your funky idle and them when it seized thats what shut engine down. Then its stuck in the flywheel, so when you try to crank all you get is a clunk. Obviosly wont know 100% till youdo further checking

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Depends whoch way your looking at it, But if your using the crank bolt your going to want to tighten tht bolt bassically so clockwise of looking at the engine from feont of car

If the starter said FU and tried to engauge while running, theres your funky idle and them when it seized thats what shut engine down. Then its stuck in the flywheel, so when you try to crank all you get is a clunk. Obviosly wont know 100% till youdo further checking

I'm with you on this. Starter is fucked, flywheel may be fucked too. Which means...upgraded lightweight Ford Racing flywheel!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Starter Suicide!! It's possible, solenoid could have just shorted out and tried to engage.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Forgot about the stick part, if clutch esploded that would do it, but youd more then likly know that forsure since it would either make alott of noise Or do nothing at all when you try to move

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

The clutch is fine.

I just checked all the fusing related to PCM and keeping the car running. All good. Pulled all the plugs, they all look great, and no fluid in the cylinders from what I could see. While the plugs were out, I attempted to turn the motor with the crank bolt, it didn't budge at all in either direction, and im pretty strong LOL.

So, either something broke inside, or you guys thinking its a fucked up starter may be right. I can't get to the starter right now, no way to get the car off the ground. ANd that would suck if it fucked up my flywheel since it is an aftermarket lightweight aluminum piece.

Might take a quick trip to harbor freight when teh wife gets off work, get a floor jack and some stands.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Sorry to hear. Tuned in for the cure. =(

interesting.......

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

What's your voltage drop look like when the starter clicks?

Verified battery terminals are tight?

Archived