Car Just Died. Annnnd Here We Go.....

Before towing the car to a shop, I want to be 100% certain what the issue is. I have a mobile mechanic coming by tomorrow to do a full diagnosis. This guy has 2 years of good reviews for all sorts of repairs done at clients home, work, and even on the side of the road. Hopefully he finds something I missed, but at the very least ill know if the engine is seized or not.

*He told me it takes at least a 3-foot breaker to turn this engine by hand LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ya, it takes some grunt to turn it.

I'd just remove the belts and give it a go. Assuming it won't turn...

My bet is that it started eating a bearing, got hot, then broke a rod. That's common on the motors, as the factory bearing clearnces are fuckin wacky, because of how much that block moves.

I NEVER start driving any mod-motor Ford until it has got to full operating temp. I've seen less than a thou of clearance top to bottom on them from the factory, mains that is. The rod bearings aren't that much better.

If you plan on keeping that block, it needs a thicker main girdle, as well as some other tricks. It ends up costing more than a good aftermarket block.

I'm friends with the guy who designed the oil pan for the Coyote project, one of the margins concerns was torsional rigidity.

Any Ford engineer will tell you that these mod blocks were a nightmare as far as block stability was concerned. They crutched the whole engine in the interest of saving on casting efficiency and material.

What is your exact engine code?

So the field mechanic just came out and we quickly verified the engine is seized. 3 foot breaker bar didn't budge it even a mm LOL. Technically, the car is under warranty, its at 35276 miles and warranty is good to 36000. Im going to try and get it warrantied. The blower is CARB certified and self-lubricated, meaning there are no taps to the engine oil. I have documentation from the mechanic that all fluids were up to par, and both my shop owner and Kenne Bell will provide documents that the kit it safe for the car.

Wish me luck.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Well that will be a war good luck dude I'd like to see it work out. School up on the magnuson moss act and be ready to Duke it out

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Good luck and drop the hammer on them.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Well that was a wasted trip. The service advisor didn't even want to give me answer, so I had wait 20 minutes for the manager to come back from lunch. He said "no way", even after I explained that the failure likely wasn't caused by the blower, and told him about all the documentation I have to prove its safe. They tried to sell me a reman longblock for $7190 plus tax.

Gonna send an email to the Ford customer relationship center, which my warranty states I should do if any "warranty concerns are not resolved by the dealer."

Spoon- my guess would be an oil pump failure, only thing i can think since there was no warning.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I went through the same crap with Kawasaki..Because the didnt approve/ and was not there brand air filter.. Wish the best to ya man..Be prepared for the Not Ford approved/Installed or stating ( Caused Failure) that you where racing to void it..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Archived