Amp going into protect mode after big 3 upgrade.

what brand is that 4ga wire?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

The 4 gauge I used for my amp power and ground is soundquest, the 4 gauge I used for the big 3 is Stinger. I am not certain, but I believe that soundquest is made by Stinger?

It didn't say on the packaging, but I asked the guy at the shop if it was CCA or OFC and he told me he was pretty sure it was OFC.

What does your voltage look like at the amp when it protects?

Check voltage at battery, alternator, and amp.

It could be that with the upgraded electrical your deck is now putting out more voltage through the rca's now your gains are too high.

Always reset your gains after messing with your electrical.

Turn ur gain down

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Okay, so I re-adjusted my gains (ended up in pretty much the same spot it was at before I did my big 3 and began having issues). Since doing so the amp no longer cuts itself off when I turn the volume up. Kind of odd - must have just been a fluke or something. However I still get dimming lights and therefor have to turn my bass down at night. It doesn't seem to interfere with operation of any other electrical component in my car aside from lights.

Anyways, my next upgrades on my list are a new battery and a higher output alternator, then my problems with dimming should get cleared up. Any suggestions on a good cheap battery? Will any yellow top suffice or is there a particular brand or?

I would highly suggest investing in a in car voltage meter, even if it is a cheap one so you have something to look at and know when you are to low asap.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What does your voltage look like at the amp when it protects?

Need to know this :)

Archived