jhmeg2 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 I just finished a 4th order for a Sundown SA-8 in a 1996 Camaro. Its powered by a Kicker 700.5 @ 2 ohms... so maybe around 400 ish watts. This thing is, I'm just not impressed. It's 3/4 birtch with a 1/2 polycarb top, .25 sealed .75 with a slot port @ 40Hz. I am wondering if I should rebuild to a simple slot port, or even a flared round port. I have used a few 8s before and this just dont seem right. ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
jhmeg2 Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 also, don't bag on me to hard for the pics, I have trim pannels to go on.... just not in the pics. ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
dolarbilz Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 What are you not impressed with? Slot port maybe be simpler.how many sq of port you are using looks big?
jhmeg2 Posted April 3, 2014 Author Report Posted April 3, 2014 i think its 10 x 2.5. the output seems low. It could be just the fact its a really crappy head unit, and no control to tune. ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
ChevyBoy95 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 or.... it could be it is an 8 on 400w.... what do you really expect... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
LT.Smoke Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 or.... it could be it is an 8 on 400w.... what do you really expect... Dont be a dick... He was asking a general question ... It was his 1st time building a 4th order and he was thinking it would offer similar results to something like a T-line Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
ChevyBoy95 Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 or.... it could be it is an 8 on 400w.... what do you really expect... Dont be a dick... He was asking a general question ... It was his 1st time building a 4th order and he was thinking it would offer similar results to something like a T-line wasnt trying to. I have tested with 8s, was never even slightly happy with the output. Such a low cone area, limited power handling and minimal throw. OP is there anyway you could maybe test it on like 800-1000w and see if anything changes? or see if you can add more port area and tune it around 45-48 and see then. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
gr8handogoatness Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 Maybe try different box placement. I know it doesn't seem like much but could make a difference. I know I have two tens and had them facing the seat and they sounded pretty good but when I turned them around to face the back and put them close to the back output increased substantially. Actually did the same with an 8 except faced it to the passengers side. I had to put some stuff in the trunk and didn't want to damage the sub is the reason for facing the seat in the first place, and for facing passenger side with the 8. Anyway output improved with placement. Edit. Well looking at the pics, you don't have many option do you?
gr8handogoatness Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 On a side note, I love that box. I'm gonna do something like that now after seeing yours. Probably gonna build a 4th or 6th just so I can plexi the top to look like that.
ToNasty Posted April 3, 2014 Report Posted April 3, 2014 Put 1k to the sub and I guarantee you'll like it better. Guarantee with rise your seeing maybe half of what you think your geting ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.