Jump to content

DC 175.4 + Mezzo's = crisp


Recommended Posts

Posted

So i started to redo my set up which i am almost done with. When I was going full tilt i would get a burning smell. Well since took the truck apart to put some more hush mat in and change out boxes and battery setup i wanted to check where i had the tweeter setting on my mezzo comps.

IMG_2387_zps3c8b9294.jpgIMG_2386_zpse2d8f5e2.jpgIMG_2385_zps122e69c5.jpgIMG_2374_zps526f281e.jpg

Now before we start yelling I'll tell you what i did. I set everything up using the DD-1 and also the CC-1 and then also through the 3sixty.3. Gain was even lower than the distortion on the DD-1 since i also have a set of focals in there. Enough power i think also. Need less to say i think i may have a bad set of crossovers. The speakers were still working when i took the stuff out today but i know where the smell came from

Cody if you see this its not the subs lol

Anyways not bashing or putting any company down. Stuff happens sometimes and it is what it is. No big deal.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

I think karkov is having some issues with his crossovers too.. Maybe call crescendo see if that's a common problem.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Posted

Yeah I just looked at the site and they have a 90 day warranty on them. I think I'm past that though. I think Im going to go with another set of Focal 165's though. Had the set in now for over three years and no issues at all.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Posted

Everyone I know has had issues with the crossovers from those sets. The CZ sets as well. Running active I'm sure they sound beautiful. It sucks for guys that don't have that ability and want to run passive though. The defect in those is what steered me away from going with the Mezzos.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Just looking at the guts of the x-over they seem a little bare I guess all the R&D went in to the drivers.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

X overs look weak.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 432 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...