Sundown Audio

CT Audio Amp Reliability

John Fassetta

I don't think anyone can actually say anything about how good the reliability is since they have only been out for 2 or less? years?

Except if there was someone who abused the amp for atleast 1 year, almost always at full blast, no time to cool off, summer heat, low voltage,...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You have to be careful when you read that type of stuff on the internet too. One bad forum post can ruin a small company like that because someone reads it, and repeats it, it gets reposted, someone else repeats it somewhere else, etc. Now its everywhere, Tons of people repeating stuff that originated from one guy. Now when you google the company you get all these results and not knowing any better you decide you don't want it. Other people do the same.

Wait for people to chime in who actually own the amps. I am also interested in this because I am considering buying one.

You have to be careful when you read that type of stuff on the internet too. One bad forum post can ruin a small company like that because someone reads it, and repeats it, it gets reposted, someone else repeats it somewhere else, etc. Now its everywhere, Tons of people repeating stuff that originated from one guy. Now when you google the company you get all these results and not knowing any better you decide you don't want it. Other people do the same.

Wait for people to chime in who actually own the amps. I am also interested in this because I am considering buying one.

Spot on with that last line. People who are actually serious about buying an amp will just ask people who own one and not some fuckwit talking shit on the internet.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I think it's a pretty good idea to keep the above sentiment in mind regardless of the brand or its age in the marketplace. It's pretty well known that people who aren't happy about something will tell everyone they can while people who are happy will usually only talk about how happy they are when asked.

So... take bad internet reviews with a grain of salt and try to read between the lines when reading them. Normally, when someone has a legitimate complaint they're able to articulate that complaint and explain in detail what the problem was. And when they're just sour for no valid reason, they usually resort to general insults and claims of poor quality without giving any actual details about the problem.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Good points. I've got one on the way (should be here on Thursday) that I bought used, just been doing a ton of research on it as my plan right now is to eventually get a second and run them strapped at 2 ohms. I got it for $180, which seems crazy cheap, and was wondering if there might be a reason for that. I went back and saw the seller has since bought a CT4000.1 so clearly he wasn't turned off by the brand, just wanted to go bigger. As someone who will soon run one I'll definitely be posting a review. The amp test Tuesday test is what got me to pull the trigger on it, well, that and that I've seem people ask close to $300 for a used one.

A lot of times when people want to upgrade they want to generate quick cash to fill in what they don't have to cover the new costs. Selling at a huge discount can help to accomplish that goal.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I ordered a 1400.1 last weekend and it should be in tomorrow. Hopefully going to pick it up this weekend. Can't wait to get it in my hands! When I go to pick it up I will be having them order me a 60.4 too. I did ALOT of research before I ordered from CT Sounds and for the $ / performance, I know I will be pleased. I chatted with multiple people who own them and have heard nothing but great things about their amps and customer service.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

I had the 2500 that stopped working. Gains set with DD-1 running @ 1 ohm and amp never got hot. Just quit working. I sent it in and they are upgrading me to the 3000.1 which is pretty much the same board amp but with dual power and ground inputs. It should be here Friday. The one year warranty starts when you purchase your first amp and if you blow any amps during that one year period then it will get replaced. I say that is awesome customer service as long as they don't keep blowing. Time will tell but for now I am happy with my purchase.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Got the amp in yesterday. Everything seems good on it so far and the bass knob with voltmeter is really cool (never had a bass knob before. Figured why the hell would anyone want to turndown the bass lol). Also, I am no electrical engineer but the board looks very similar to several 2200-2500 watt amps I've seen. I get that it's better to underrate than overrate your products but it seems like they're selling their amps a little short.

Archived