Sundown Audio

CT Audio Amp Reliability

John Fassetta

I've heard a lot of great things about CT sounds and I've also heard some hints here and there that people have been having reliability issues with them. What's the word around here? Anyone heard much of them failing? They looks sweet and are an awesome price point, hoping is just a few cases, no more than any other brand.

They have a no questions asked warranty. Even if YOU beak it they'll replace it. Can't argue with that

but its only one time and he only got an upgrade because they changed models.. yet its still the same amp just added numbers to the model number

The model number was changed to be more commensurate with actual output and that is not the only thing that was changed. The 2500.1 had single power inputs and the 3000.1 has dual inputs.

As for reliability, I've run multiple CT Sounds amps at a half ohm with no problems and I have not yet had a failure on any of them I've installed. I've been a dealer since September of 2013 and have sold all of the amps except the 2500.1 and up. I had one customer who took out his 900.1 and 60.4 and put his Alpine 5 channel back in because his electrical couldn't keep up with the amps and he didn't want to upgrade it.

Other than that, I had one customer who thought he had a problem with a 1400.1 but after a warranty swap he found that the problem persisted. Turns out his alternator was weak.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I would rather have an amp that is of slightly lower quality but great CS than a top of the line amp with shitty CS.

Not aimed towards any particular companies, just my thoughts. A good amp and great CS is a win win.

:) I hope my choice was great, I have a brand spanking new at1400.1d sitting right next to me right here.... It came to me at a stellar price, considering someone is selling theirs for $500 while i was wandering around SMD :)

Archived