Need dd1 pro help please

I've used the dd1 for over 2 years now and never had a problem. Im running a pioneer X5500bhs, clarion eqs746, and a ns1. (Problem is only with sub rcas). the problem I'm having is one RCA shows a clean signal but the other shows distortion before it gets a signal. no matter how I switch the RCA's on the EQ is still with the same Output on the sub out on the Eq I am wondering if The eq could be bad or could there be some other cause?

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

and it doesn't matter what track I use it does the same thing. all other RCA'S are clean coming out of the Eq, except the one sub out rca. And I have tried multiple rcas including sky high rcas, with no change.

Edited by jeffrm

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Tried that too. Gets distortion before signal. Everything is flat. Head unit was just put in and all settings left alone. Eq was set flat. Only problem im having is the one sub out rca. Thinking about changing eqs to test and see if it is the problem.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

i usually put all my setting were i want them and then DD1 it. i found that when i set everything flat use the dd1 then put all my settings were i want them it distorts

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

No matter how I wire it or change rcas, the outcome stays the same. The one sub out rca shows distortion before it shows a 40hz signal

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

No matter how I wire it or change rcas, the outcome stays the same. The one sub out rca shows distortion before it shows a 40hz signal

Ok am I reading this right? The DD1 distorts before it even gets a 40 Hz signal? How can something distort if it doesn't even have a signal yet? Sound defective or something else is wrong...

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

i usually put all my setting were i want them and then DD1 it. i found that when i set everything flat use the dd1 then put all my settings were i want them it distorts

i understand it as the eq curve needs to be flat not on zero so i raise all the freq to the highest point of my graph then lower the ones i want to afterr using the dd-1

Edited by bdog

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

It reads a signal but the distortion light comes on before the 40hz detect light. Just the 1 sub out rca does it all others are clean. Ill try grounding it today to see if it helps.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz