Nubster Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 Got the woofers and amp installed...trying to figure out the best place for the tweeters. I have four options I think. First would be the stock location which would place the tweeters in the dash pointing straight up firing into the windshield behind a plastic grill. Second option would be in the A-pillars. Third is the upper door panel near the dash. Fourth would be just above the woofer.
Pro Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 I like doing the A-pillars but having them face the windshield. I would suggest doing that.
Karkov Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 Tuned in for opinions, I am going through this EXACT thing in my Tahoe....... For me though I already have 2 in each door and one in each kick panel, I am just removing the ones from my dash and don't want to glass the A-pillars. lol 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Nubster Posted April 19, 2014 Author Report Posted April 19, 2014 Yeah, this time around I'm not looking to do anything custom. Just drill a hole and flush mount them.
michigancapri92 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 1 2 or 3 will work well ive done 2 and 3 in my cars with good results i know someone who has a 4" and a tweeter on the dash like option 1 mounted to over lap each other and it also works very well 1 and 2 will yield best results tho Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
Nubster Posted April 19, 2014 Author Report Posted April 19, 2014 I'll probably go with #2 for ease of installation (even though #1 would be easiest) unless someone chimes in with a really good reason why another spot would be better.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted April 19, 2014 Report Posted April 19, 2014 I've got option 3 in my accord. Works great. I'd say option 2 or 3 for best results. Option 3 is best if you ever play with your doors open (I know its a silly reason) but occasionally I'll leave them open when I'm outside working and have my car playing. Otherwise option 2 might sound a little better do to the added height.... But minimally better. See which would be easiest to run wires to and put it in 2/3 My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Aj11 Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 from my years of building and listening to car audio. tweets (usually) sound best bouncing off glass. so option one or two would yield the best results. if you do option #2 face them more into the glass not across the dash. i hate tweets in doors! especially Down where option 4 is. the reason is people usually.push there knees I against the speaker pod. so option one or 2 but facing directly into the glass. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
bcbrassard Posted April 20, 2014 Report Posted April 20, 2014 I like my sound stage with my highs in option 1-3. option 4 is to low for my liking. I think option one will give you nice results off the glass. 2 is good to & 3 if you play with door open. Hook them up and use double sided tape to try different locations to your personal liking.
Nubster Posted April 20, 2014 Author Report Posted April 20, 2014 I always thought off the glass was a bad thing. If that's not the case....#1 would certainly be an easy install. Not sure if the factory tweets are on a mounting plate or if they are all one piece. If that's the case, I'm sure I can either make something or strip down the factory tweeter and use the plate that is already part of it. There's a place that makes plates that will fit the Crosstrek but I don't want to spend the $20 if I can avoid it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.