Stock alt @ idle held a higher voltage then my rebuilt alternator.....

bigger internals in stock casing = shit idle output.

Your exactly right bro. I called them they said its normal if you beef up the internals it doesn't put out shit at idle basically. Im looking at trying to put a smaller pulley on it now to try and make this one work. I wish they would of explain this to me before hand.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

this is what they told me...

Unfortunately, we do not offer a direct fit alternator for your application.

We are however an XS power stocking distributor, and offer outstanding deals on XS power batteries with FREE shipping in the 48 states. If nothing else, we can help you with the proper batteries for your system. Depending on how much power you are running, you can often times negate the need for a high output alternator by running a slightly larger battery bank. Give us a call for special XS power pricing that is too low to advertise!!!

Matthew Young

(865)522-6166

1-888-MECHMAN

That sucks, you'r not having any luck with alts. The alt you had built up, wouldn't have been nice for them to tell you before hand rather than the way it went.

Oh, you wanted high output at idle to.

you can try to put a smaller pulley on it. but dont go revving the engine to redline cause you might blow the alt up from overspinning.

also i hope the stock casing can dissipate all the heat from an alt that can output like twice the current from factory. heat + alt = melted shit = stranded.

you can try to put a smaller pulley on it. but dont go revving the engine to redline cause you might blow the alt up from overspinning.

also i hope the stock casing can dissipate all the heat from an alt that can output like twice the current from factory. heat + alt = melted shit = stranded.

Ya im gonna try and get a smaller pulley on there. I never rev the engine high anyways. Its a 94 camry with 240k+ miles I baby this thing even though it drives great still. the case is very open in space and has lots of room to breath I think it should be ok.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Unfortunately, we do not offer a direct fit alternator for your application.

We are however an XS power stocking distributor, and offer outstanding deals on XS power batteries with FREE shipping in the 48 states. If nothing else, we can help you with the proper batteries for your system. Depending on how much power you are running, you can often times negate the need for a high output alternator by running a slightly larger battery bank. Give us a call for special XS power pricing that is too low to advertise!!!

Matthew Young

(865)522-6166

1-888-MECHMAN

WOW!

Unfortunately, we do not offer a direct fit alternator for your application. [/size]

[/size]

[/size]

We are however an XS power stocking distributor, and offer outstanding deals on XS power batteries with FREE shipping in the 48 states. If nothing else, we can help you with the proper batteries for your system. Depending on how much power you are running, you can often times negate the need for a high output alternator by running a slightly larger battery bank. Give us a call for special XS power pricing that is too low to advertise!!![/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Matthew Young[/size]

(865)522-6166 [/size]

1-888-MECHMAN[/size]

WOW!
I know I was kind of surprised, It doesn't make sense they are trying to get my business by selling me batteries but they cant help me with a alternator. I don't understand how its so difficult. The alternator on my vehicle is a very simple design. Its just one bolt that allow the alternator to be raised and lowered to tighten the belt and the other bolt just is to lock the alternator in place. It seems like if the vehicle is 02 or older most people don't want to help. That's what I been noticing anyways

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Hate to say it... But I told you so

There's a reason good HO alts cost what they do

DC power alts. Custom CNC cases.

/thread.

Mechman still doesn't have an alternator for my car. Occasionally ill send them a request knowing they can't provide me with one just to test their customer service and to see if maybe they will see that not everyone needs a large case GM and they should expand their business.

Until then.

DC.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Unfortunately you get what you pay for have you tried calling singer or hitting him up on fb?

Just built me a 340 amp alt for my 2000 mountaineer and thing is a beast.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived