Sonic Electronix

ok so new to the hobby. seems overwhelming. i want to learn i really just want to learn about everything in car audio. where do I start reading? like if you could start over what/where would you start learning? i got plenty of time on my hands to read.....their are known unknowns and their are a hell of a lot of unknown unknowns problem is i want to learn it all just not sure where to start.

help please.

1. Electrical

2. Setting gains

3. Sub enclosure

4. Mid and tweet placement

5. Active and passive crosovers

and while researching that stuff if you find anything else you want to learn more about then do so.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

buy tony's book and get to reading....

http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/awes%20front%20cover.html

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

1. Electrical

2. Setting gains

3. Sub enclosure

4. Mid and tweet placement

5. Active and passive crosovers

and while researching that stuff if you find anything else you want to learn more about then do so.

i actually think this is a good plan. but their are so many unknown unknowns....you know like shit you dont know that you dont know. known unknowns are easy. Im completely obsessed with making my car sound better. even considering getting a part time job at an audio shop or something. wish i had gotten into this as a carreer a long time ago. but tied down to the oilfield now. hard to let go of the money and start over.

Wait, a topic in general audio that belongs in general audio and it was started by a new member? Wow!

OP, i would take everything i read or hear with a grain of salt.

If you hear "rule of thumb" 90% chance it is patently wrong.

There are sections here, electrical, subs/enclosures, amps, headunits and eq's, Tools. ect.. read through them.

good luck

Wait, a topic in general audio that belongs in general audio and it was started by a new member? Wow!

OP, i would take everything i read or hear with a grain of salt.

If you hear "rule of thumb" 90% chance it is patently wrong.

There are sections here, electrical, subs/enclosures, amps, headunits and eq's, Tools. ect.. read through them.

good luck

thanks. and im trying and im asking questions but their is a huge BULK of info. and also you have to trust what you are reading is true. their are a few names that i really read their posts and i watch all of Steves videos. wish i could just go to Bass College. that should exist. Bass College son.

Squeeze sound deadening and in right before mid and tweet placement. Even the best placement wont help if your not properly deadened and blocking airborne noise.

to start you off with the electrical research, listen to snafu and voltage x amps = va (voltamps) not watts.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived