You know your old school when

Thats what I thought. I mean sure they're not ultra high end like back in the day but they're by no means low end garbage(except for their lowest level crap). I was thinking of getting PPIs new 3way components for a while now.

I caught myself bitching to a car buddy the other day about how the engine in our cars (Mazda 3, 2.3L MZR) takes special tools to time and has no external ignition timing marks, and how it was so much easier working on Mazda BP engines in Miatas and Protégés back in the 90's.

Then I had a flashback to my Dad bitching about how carbs and mechanical fuel injection were so much easier to work on back in the day, and realized I'm turning into my Dad and that scares the shit out of me.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Your flipping through your dash kit junk parts him and still have these619D1A63-F6AE-4670-B9CF-45DF056ED6F0_zps

Why do you have such a large bin for a small amount of stuff lol...

Maybe you emptied it all on the floor. It just kinda threw me off at first for a sec.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Or when pics like this remind you of when today's crap brands were hot shit back in the day... Orion, PPI, Soundstream, MB Quart, HiFonics

At least Rockford Fosgate is still decent.

Back in the day ... Orion and MB Quart made some bad ass products. Now I'm talking early 90's here ...

Orion Shook the world with the origional outbreak of "High Current" amplifiers ...

There wouldn't be a Class D "high current" amplifier if it wasn't for Orion Amplifiers ...

MB Quart (along with Boston Acoustics) set the bar with Audiophile listening products. Use to be that every Car Audio magazine you picked up had some bad ass Audiophile system with Quart ...

... And Sorry to say, but today's Rockford is nothing compared to the "Hay Days" of total Rockford (Punch) car audio competition ...

When Jensen made pretty good pro audio

Sorry brother ... But NEVER seen anything actually "Good" from Jensen.

Now if you would have said Sony, Then I would have agreed with you 100% !!!

I ran the Sony 10 Disc Changer in my competition vehicles ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

did someone say Bostons?

Those what you have for the Firebird ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived