Sonic Electronix

I love having a loud system and shit but I am pushing my equipment so hard its not even worth it. Today really almost put me over the edge, I go and for a second time, hook up both amps and hope for the best. Well previously I was pushing both of my BL's with a sundown 1500 at .5 ohms, but it gets so hot its not even funny (have alot of electrical problems, HOT amps even at 1 ohm, melting fuse holders, voltage drops) Well I hook both up, everything powers up good, everything sounds NORMAL, unlike the previous time where it sounded like it was out of phase. Anyways, I start to jam it and what do you know, the 1 sundown 1500 is atleast twice as loud then pushing both amps. What the fuck can honestly make this possible? I am pretty sure I had them master/slaved right, but why would my 1 1500 at .5 ohms push my subs harder than two 1500 watt amps at 1 ohm? HELP ME.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Are you sure that it doent just sound louder ? i had 2 memphis 1000x1s and i smoked one of them so i hooked up both mojos to 1 amp and couldnt tell the difference

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

voltage maybe, sucking so much power to use both amps that when you only had 1 of the amps it was more effiecent and used the power better??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

voltage maybe, sucking so much power to use both amps that when you only had 1 of the amps it was more effiecent and used the power better??

When I had the one amp at .5 voltage would constantly dip to around the 11.5 mark but then charge right back up to 13.8, this was a constant process.

yea whats the voltage at when you got both amps cranked?

With both amps cranked, the voltage drops were nothing compared to the one running at .5 ohms. This is whats strange to me.

Do you have them slaved right??

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

This could be a problem?? Read that and see.

That mainly describes strapping them, to master/slave them all I did was add rca from input to output, maybe I did make a mistake there? I have no idea. Someone just told me I HAVE to strap them to make them work correctly, but I wasn't aware of this.

teamsundown-1.jpg

what ohm are your subs?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

When I had the one amp at .5 voltage would constantly dip to around the 11.5 mark but then charge right back up to 13.8, this was a constant process.

With both amps cranked, the voltage drops were nothing compared to the one running at .5 ohms. This is whats strange to me.

That mainly describes strapping them, to master/slave them all I did was add rca from input to output, maybe I did make a mistake there? I have no idea. Someone just told me I HAVE to strap them to make them work correctly, but I wasn't aware of this.

you have to run speaker wire from the slave amp to the master also

your still running only one amp from what you have said

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

you have to run speaker wire from the slave amp to the master also

your still running only one amp from what you have said

I really dont understand how only 1 amp is running. Im almost positive I have it right, even in the manual all you need is a mono RCA from BR in to BR out. Im not looking to strap these amps, I am running each sub to each amp. My subs are dual 2. I've never heard of this happening, I dont know what to do at all other than just keep it on the 1 amp at .5 ohms.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I really dont understand how only 1 amp is running. Im almost positive I have it right, even in the manual all you need is a mono RCA from BR in to BR out. Im not looking to strap these amps, I am running each sub to each amp. My subs are dual 2. I've never heard of this happening, I dont know what to do at all other than just keep it on the 1 amp at .5 ohms.

With how you're wiring it up, (master and slaving the amps) IS strapping the amps and you didn't complete it.

Now, if you run an RCA cable from the RCA output (not BR out) on your first amp to the RCA input on your second amp, that won't be strapping the two amps but you'll have to match the gains.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo