2013 Altima 3.5 (Rockford Prime, Digital Designs, DC Audio, JL Cleansweep) **New Stuff**

Good looking Nissan. If you found a better way to get to the alternator post than i did, please let me know. I'm assuming by the picture that the 3.5 is identical to the one put in my car and engine is transverse. That L bracket thing is a great idea but are you worried about disregarding the red battery cover? I'm also in the process of switching from my fiberglass boxes to a wood box firing into the cabin. I can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk without folding down the seat.

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

Good looking Nissan. If you found a better way to get to the alternator post than i did, please let me know. I'm assuming by the picture that the 3.5 is identical to the one put in my car and engine is transverse. That L bracket thing is a great idea but are you worried about disregarding the red battery cover? I'm also in the process of switching from my fiberglass boxes to a wood box firing into the cabin. I can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk without folding down the seat.

Alternator post was difficult, busted knuckles for sure, but got it with a long ratchet extension and lots of cursing. I still have the red terminal cover, I cut a hole in it for extra wire and it still fits on top. Once I add the other adapter piece I made, it wont, but I'm gonna make something else to cover it. Still planning that. My box is rear facing now, but I'm already thinking about plans to fire it into cabin, too. I'll get this playing then see what happens.

Alternator post was difficult, busted knuckles for sure, but got it with a long ratchet extension and lots of cursing. I still have the red terminal cover, I cut a hole in it for extra wire and it still fits on top. Once I add the other adapter piece I made, it wont, but I'm gonna make something else to cover it. Still planning that. My box is rear facing now, but I'm already thinking about plans to fire it into cabin, too. I'll get this playing then see what happens.

Nice wood work, what sub and amp you plan to use?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

That box is looking hella nice. the whole build is coming together great.

Nice wood work, what sub and amp you plan to use?

Its a DC Level 2 12" and Rockford R1200.1D. I bought a D4 so I could wire it to 2 ohm for now so the amp doesn't kill, then in future I can add another Lvl 2 12" D4 and wire them in parallel to get 1 ohm and still use the amp. Plan for future. lol. The box is a little too big but that's my fault for reusing the original. If I don't like it, I'll build another box, no biggie, although all that time wasted.

That box is looking hella nice. the whole build is coming together great.

Thanks. I have some more plans for some trim panels, one to wrap around the top of the box so you can't see around the sides and top, and another to cover the amp rack on floor.

Archived