Sundown Audio

Smilies cuts off.. Sub problem?

AASMDBASS

Holy poo mid teens lol thats pretty darn low yeah it might just sound like the sub is floating and up and down and just hear the mechanics of the sub.. And for the filters you can do this...lets say my LPF filter on the amp is 20hz to 250hz you just add those up so its would be 270hz and divide by 2 which would be 135hz. so that right there is the mid point between the 20hz and 250hz on the amps LPF. so than you can take the 135hz and add the 20hz to it so its 155hz and now divide that by 2 which is 77.5hz. so exactly between the 20hz and the135hz is 77hz.

Basically your finding the average of the numbers.

When you said to have the subsonic set about 5hz lower than the box tuning, you DO mean lower meaning the the box is 32hz, then have subsonic around 27hz?correct?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Holy poo mid teens lol thats pretty darn low yeah it might just sound like the sub is floating and up and down and just hear the mechanics of the sub.. And for the filters you can do this...lets say my LPF filter on the amp is 20hz to 250hz you just add those up so its would be 270hz and divide by 2 which would be 135hz. so that right there is the mid point between the 20hz and 250hz on the amps LPF. so than you can take the 135hz and add the 20hz to it so its 155hz and now divide that by 2 which is 77.5hz. so exactly between the 20hz and the135hz is 77hz.

Basically your finding the average of the numbers.

When you said to have the subsonic set about 5hz lower than the box tuning, you DO mean lower meaning the the box is 32hz, then have subsonic around 27hz?correct?

Yes correct lol ur lucky that sub didnt get messed up. like suspension and all that.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Yeah subsonic all the way down is a no no

No

Subsonic all the way down, playing below box tuning and stressing your sub mechanically is a nono. I've never used a SSF. Just don't full tilt if you know you are going to be playing low and you'll be fine.

@OP: what ohm load are you wired at? Verified with a DMM?

very likely why it sounded like ass on low notes. its playing wide open lol.

adjust the subsonic, play the sub, and see if it still happens.

very likely why it sounded like ass on low notes. its playing wide open lol.

adjust the subsonic, play the sub, and see if it still happens.

Dude

Fix it

tumblr_n1sallq0HD1tqacopo1_400.gif

No

Subsonic all the way down, playing below box tuning and stressing your sub mechanically is a nono. I've never used a SSF. Just don't full tilt if you know you are going to be playing low and you'll be fine.

No

1 ohm, tested with a dmm

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

I turned the gain down about a quarter turn and the amp stayed on... Sub played through the low notes but it sounded terrible

Turning the gain down wouldn't have made any difference in how the same notes sounded before and after it was changed, other than it being quieter after the fact.

The frequency and which it sounded not so good was probably in the mid teens... Could it be that it's just way out of range compared to the box tuning? (32hz)

Just saw this as I was about to post, that's probably why it sounded bad was because your box isn't built to play that low

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Well i could be wrong, but sounds like the gain is set to way high on your amp.

Well i could be wrong, but sounds like the gain is set to way high on your amp.

The gain is below half

Just because the gain is set below half, doesn't mean it's still not to high. You need to set the gain properly with a DD-1.

I know Pioneer and a few other brands, have a built in safety protection. Where if the gain is to high it will cut out and if continuing to listen to a clipped or distorted signal, the amp will shut off.

A simple solution would be to turn down the gain to around 1/4 to 1/3 and contact AQ for clarification.

Ok, I can CONFIRM that the amp is going into protect... What does this mean in relation to my problem?

Well i hope everything works out for you. But myself and a others tried telling you from the get go what the issue was. Good luck and use a DD-1 from now on to set your gains.

truthsayer

• 5 weeks later...

I wouldn't trust whatever that shop says if they mess up something so simple to set up the gain and subsonic..

LPF probably is just set at a random number.

I would check the box tuning by playing some test tones around their suggested tuning and looking at which frequency the driver moves the least.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived