blanestudly Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Anyone blow something they spent a lot of time and money on? whats your stories? None personally(;
n8ball2013 Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Ive blown woofers amps alternators transmissions. Tires. You name it. Charge it to the game it happens. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
philrab Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Spent a couple of years working on a racing a Mazda Miata. Bought it when I got back from Iraq in 2005, and some asshat wannabethug teenager t-boned me and wiped it out in 2009. Four years of suspension work, unibody reinforcements, new convertible top, and countless memories driving through the back roads and doing track days up in smoke in an instant. I was pretty heart broken over that. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
blanestudly Posted May 7, 2014 Author Report Posted May 7, 2014 Spent a couple of years working on a racing a Mazda Miata. Bought it when I got back from Iraq in 2005, and some asshat wannabethug teenager t-boned me and wiped it out in 2009. Four years of suspension work, unibody reinforcements, new convertible top, and countless memories driving through the back roads and doing track days up in smoke in an instant. I was pretty heart broken over that. that would be awful... any new builds after that? pics of the miata?
philrab Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Spent a couple of years working on a racing a Mazda Miata. Bought it when I got back from Iraq in 2005, and some asshat wannabethug teenager t-boned me and wiped it out in 2009. Four years of suspension work, unibody reinforcements, new convertible top, and countless memories driving through the back roads and doing track days up in smoke in an instant. I was pretty heart broken over that. that would be awful... any new builds after that? pics of the miata? Have to do some digging to get all the pics of the Miata. Haven't had another serious car build since. Kinda moped for a year or so afterwards, and just didn't WANT to sink time into something else. Obviously, I got over that and fell off the wagon again on my current car. Here's a couple of Youtube vids from a road rally I did in the car while I was still fiddling with the suspension. This was downhill, and I got stuck behind a squid in his Corvette (you can see me slow my pace after I hook up with him) Didn't record uphill when I ran down a Porsche Carrera 4S. Driver didn't know how I kept up with him, till one of my autocross buddies overheard him and said "Dude, Phil violates the laws of physics in that little car. He beats up on muscle cars all the time. You didn't have a prayer." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7-QEBmz1w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6PjhWGULsQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtRLOij-aY 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
_paralyzed_ Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Anyone blow something they spent a lot of time and money on? whats your stories? None personally(; My boyfriend. I blow him all the time.
MrBigs63' Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 I spent three years building a Yamaha Banshee. My father bought it for me and then I invested about $3000 in it and hundreds of hours labor. I totally rebuilt the entire thing. New bearings, seals, and everything in the frame, a-arms, swing-arms, etc. I re-bored it, ported and polished cylinders by hand, polished exhaust, rebuilt carb, polished and did a little machining on the intake, cool head, high comp domes, boyesen reeds, high flow impeller, new radiator, new clutches, timing plate, rebuilt a crank (that was an experience), modded shift shaft and shift star, top of the line works shocks, renthal bars, asv levers, polished plastics, polished wheels, powder coated the whole motor, polished the carb, on and on etc. I broke her in and within two months it blew up three more times, and we still can't figure out what is wrong with it. We have sent it to certified engine builders and everything. All the effort and I can't even ride it.
White Lightning Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 My wife said that I spent WAY too much money on Budweiser all of these years ... She may be right ... Whatever Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.