Sundown Audio

Good 4 ch amp?

jessdabest77

Probably also worth asking if you're shopping new or used. I scored a great deal on a used JL 4 channel, just had cash in hand and was in the right place at the right time. If you want/need new and can't wait, that'll take a lot of the good used amps out of the equation.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Alpine MRV-F300.

I love Alpine's four channels, small, simple and well priced.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

PPI BK 800.4 best bang for your buck!

130x4 @ 4ohms

Bandpass crossovers

Only $140

Never gets warm. Im running 6 Pro audio mids and 4 pro audio tweets.

I went from an AQ120.4 to this 800.4 and noticed no difference at all..

Not meaning to threadjack, but.......I know you said you noticed no difference from the AQ120.4 - has anyone clamped either the PPI BK 800.4 or the Pioneer GM-D8604? I'm always skeptic about what's different when an AQ120.4 costs $250 and the PPI BK 800.4 costs ~$140 when putting out roughly the same power.

My buddy has a nice little "weed eater" that he just bought. Came over to help me tackle my property. He paid $179 for it. Did it cut the grass, hell yeah. Will it last as long as the $400 Stihl I just bought, HELL NO.

Even if 2 amps put out the same power, the internal components make an amp what it is a lot of the time. The components will effect durability, efficiency, and sound quality (although sometimes, and to most people it can be inaudible).

I have bought lesser quality products at times. I was happy with 80% of those purchases. But I knew I could not beat on them and expect them to last.

just my 2 pennies. Hope it makes sense, im tired as hell after 12 hour day

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

Well the pioneer will last and you will be very pleased with the quality. And deff no complaints with the power.

Just remember so so many people on here run Pioneer head units, yet have not even tried their amps, and will seem to have something negative to say. Myself on the other hand, I used to run Pioneer head units, but now only clarion. But i have no problem recommending the Pioneer GM-D amps.

For some reason people seem to thing if you can get the pioneer on sale, it must not be as good as the SQ or a few other brands. Well that couldnt be farther from the truth. My 4 channel has been going strong now for 3 yrs, with zero issues.

truthsayer

I;ve installed some pioneer amp's,and honestly,they where not good amp's.Way overrated and poor sound quality.

ive installed a few never had this problem... always sounded good... had no problems pushing subs or mid and highs..... the over rated part who knows....

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Crescendo Symphony 800.4! I'm actually considering this amp for my build!!! only $300 and the name itself is enough to know that build quality is A+

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived