Sooo we had LADDER training today in my FD rookie class

Today in our Fire Dept rookie class we had Ladder training. Something that sounds so plain and easy... NOPE! i learned that there are/is like 20 parts to a ladder and you have to know all of the parts names/what there purpose is and what easy type of ladder is used for, etc.... Obviously we also had our ladder truck out there. She has a 110ft extention reach, and let me tell you that sum bitch is FUN!!!!!!!!!! gets a little bouncy up there and we did have a few people "lockup" and were un-able to complete the course due to the height of which they were at.... I on the other hand had a blast on that apparatus. That building is our training building for rescues and such.... pretty cool day today, and most importantly i learned alot today from it.

0517141118_zps53ocaobx.jpg

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I'm jealous, bro. Man looks like good lessons and fun lots of action. Did you get rattles in your stomach, at the heights? My feet would have been tingling (sayin lets go back down).

GL with your training.

That looks cool. Do they actually make a scenario or what?

yes.... see that ladder on right side 2nd story.... enter 4th story via ladder truck raise, exit thru 2nd story ladder to ground

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

no, im not really scared of heights. Only thing i have to get used to is working with gloves on. That is a major PITA!

If you haven't already done the exercise where you have to make your way through a maze with your SCBA covered up so you can't see and you have to follow the hose line the correct way you will hate the gloves even more lol bumps to the pump

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

How you holding up are you making it? It's cool to get a inside view of making it as a fireman... Got tons of military boot camp movies and such but no FD ones I know of.

Pulling for you to make it.

Nice.

We were required to climb our tower at its maximum height. Was a pretty cool experience. Our instuctor made us do a leg lock with full gear and lean backwards and flap our hands like a bird. LOL. Talk about nerve wrecking.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived