whats considered the best double din touchscreen headunit?

I'm running the Kenwood DNX9980HD with no problems whatsoever.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

a single din

Yeah I was going into this thread about to say a 80PRS and a DIN pocket.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Would you consider one of these? (What I have.)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/FH-P8000BT

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

With all the driving I do I really want nav and a full 7" screen. And one that works with android with audio streaming and would like a micro sd card slot or at least a usb .im running all dd amps two m4's and a s4b hybrid audio legatia l-8se &l4se carbons along with alpine type r 6.5 components front and rear. And going for four 12's ( I had four but blew one and am waiting on my other m4 to arrive) all in a chevy Silverado xtra cab 2009. Running two dc xp 270 alts and four optima red top 1000ca batts.

Kenwood. There is one reason why for me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

With all the driving I do I really want nav and a full 7" screen. And one that works with android with audio streaming and would like a micro sd card slot or at least a usb .im running all dd amps two m4's and a s4b hybrid audio legatia l-8se &l4se carbons along with alpine type r 6.5 components front and rear. And going for four 12's ( I had four but blew one and am waiting on my other m4 to arrive) all in a chevy Silverado xtra cab 2009. Running two dc xp 270 alts and four optima red top 1000ca batts. Had a audio control line driver so the weak 2v output of the pioneer wasn't a problem. But as of right now I have my truck stripped and getting ready to get it hooked up clean enough to compete if I want. Just wanted to see what the suggestions for a good headunit would be. And im looking mostly at the newest ones available. Thanks for all the input.

I run a pioneer avic-z150bh and loooove it. No longer a current model but it's great to me. I'm hating on your dd s4b by the way. Bastards aren't making anymore and I waited just two hours too long to order myself one when our sales rep said they had sold the last two they had to another dealer and they aren't making anymore.

Sorry for the delay getting back thanks for all the input and actually forgot I posted this all ready so ignore my post I just put up asking almost the same question. Im partial to Pioneer just cause I have had the avic 940 &the z1 updated to the z3 specs. And have all the cables and accessories for either . But im stripping my truck and re doing everything keeping the two ddm4's and the s4b and my mids and highs. Love those hybrid speakers . Putting the l8se's in my doors and have kick p annels with the l4's carbons and infinity kappas in them. Still working out if its going to be four 12's or four 15's. Going all dd probably 9512's or 15's. But got to get this headunit decided. I am in my truck all day so as bad as I would like to go with a single din like the denon z1 I want the convenience of gps and Bluetooth. Thanks for your input.

• 3 years later...

Archived