whats considered the best double din touchscreen headunit?

Im not really looking for a vs thread but some honest opinion's on whats a good headunit for my chevy z71 x tra cab. Im running dd m4's and a dd s4b with hybrid audio l4se se carbons and l-8se with infinity t1.0 tweets and alpine type r 6.5's along with Rockford fosgate t2 12's. My trusty Pioneer avic z3 has crapped on me finally and I am building a nice system and would appreciate any input on this. Features I want are 4 volt pre outs bluetooth streaming and nav. I really want to have a nice clean headunit and I know it comes down to what I value most , I just want some opinions on whats recireceiving the best reviews. And is a full 7" screen . Thanks.

I personally like Pioneer or Alpine but that is just me. I think every maker has a top of the line head unit but its really on the user to decide which one is the best. Some offer different features that some may not but then there are features that you may not need also. I think it boils down to personal opinion to be honest. I have had many pioneer units that I really like. Owned a couple alpine units that were great also. Had one eclipse head unit that confused the crap out of me, install a couple sony head units in friends cars but I didn't like and knew a few guys that had kenwood units but really didn't mess with them too much. I would look at the your budget, figure out your price range and then see what units have all the features you want. Then go to the local audio shop and ask to see them, display models, play around with them a bit and go from there.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Kenwood b/c the work with Maestro better than any other company plus its a simple bypass.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Pioneer or Alpine, hand's-down.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Kenwood is ahead of them all once u figure it all out

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Well ive had eclipse 55090 and older school alpine 7909 which at one time or another have been considered top of the game. Im in a dilemma right now cause to repair my z1 which had all the z3 upgrades is about what I can find a decent newer model unit for. And that kinda .cause I have all the options you can add on to the z1/z3. Ive got a eclipse avn 5435 and a eclipse 55090 that's also a great unit love how eclipse gives such high voltage outs. The 55090 has 8volt pre outs and is a dvd /cd in a single din and is a non powered unit *only low level outs no built in speaker outputs*. But I would like some of the conveniences of the newer units Bluetooth audio streaming and updated nav maps seeing as I spend alot of time in my truck. In the years past I never had any luck with kenwood units but then again im 43 and have been involved In car audio since I was 15, installing at most of the higher end shops in atl. Ga. Now days its mostly for me and enjoying a great sounding system. Im partial to Pioneer since I liked my z1/z3 and hate to see it gone. I really appreciate all your input and hope to have some more before I go buy my replacement. Thanks!

I've only ever used the avhp6850dvd screen (nice unit, 6 disc indash dvd stacker too) coulda been better with a few more features..... best single din screen would have to be the AVHP7850DVD absolutely love that deck/screen and really want to buy one

Archived