Tantric Sounds '01 Volvo S40 - Turkey Drag rebuild...(trunk bandpass ftw!)

That's what I said! 6th order trunk WHAT! Almost for certain I can make it work. Will be a rear deck blowthrough aswell. Might just say fuck it and do a parallel 6th instead of a series. Gonna have to research some more first, but definitely going bandpass. Output is where I want it already. Almost a 147 off a single sub not sealed off from the trunk, clamping 900w, give or take...super happy with the numbers.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• 2 weeks later...

Running some more numbers, probably going with a single HD 12 in a 4th order 6th, just a unique and pretty daily build. Came close to my goal number of 147db, with some more sealing and tweaking I know I could have got it.

Fuck the numbers for this build, going for musical 25-60hz with a killer front stage.

Found about 6.5 cubes to work with, so stay tuned

I'll be getting back to you with a picture soon. He been busy.

Whenever is fine. I need to get with tfade and a few other people that are reallllly knowledgeable in 6th's to help me out with this design anyway.

Turkey Drag is December 6th, I have 1 month to do 2 out of these 3 stages

Stage 1: 3 runs of 1/0 OFC welding cable positive, redoing big 4 in said 1/0 OFC cable(2 positive and doubled grounds), and atleast 2 ground runs from the rear.

Stage 2: New box and reconing of my Tantric HD into either a 12 or 10, if 10 then purchase of another 10. Box will wither be a 6th or 4th order bandpass.

Stage 3: New front stage consisting of 2 6.5's per front door, and a realllly nice set of tweeters in the dash.

Stages 1 and 2 are getting done this month, stage 3 is going to wait for a bit. Iirc there is a show in Conroe, TX in mid to late Febuary, the doors will be done by then. Since I work for an electrical company with a lighting showroom, I have access to a LOT of good resources. Closed/open cell foam will be heavily used to help out without adding weight in deadner. Trying to stay in either a small trunk class or SuperStock clamp 2k.

Go ahead and get a hdd 10 and add a second later

sending you a text now

ill get his paypal for you this week, just let me know when you have the funds

That'll work for me. Such a badass deal on that topend kit. Numbers aren't much of an issue but there is no doubt in my mind I'll be in the same ballpark of where I was.

• 2 weeks later...

Payment sent on a HD12 basket/recone kit. Got 50ft of 1/0 sitting in my garage. Need to order some fuses and speaker wire, some RCA's.

Box is 3.1:1.1 4th order, ports firing forward. Taller than my old box, slightly shallower. Will eat less space in the trunk. Getting started on it probably next monday. Entire face of the enclosure will be plain black, including the ports. Should be able to leave the seats down, onlookers will only see a black wall with a pair of 6 inch holes in it. Back of the enclosure will have a plexi window in it to see the motor. Sticking with my sundown 2k, gonna find a nice sized 2 channel to run my front stage after Turkey Drag.

Expect pics this weekend, hoping to start running wire.

Archived