Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

Not sure exactly about the cube and 40 hz and 1khz but on the birth sheet it has that line graph going up to like 200 hertz. To make that power does that affect it or am I thinking of something else entirely? Being serious

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Im not sure how rockford is rating their amps or what they are even using to be honest.

No idea if RF is testing them in house on a machine, or in China where they are built now.

but really the majority of people have a lpf set around 60-80hz on a sub stage so in kickers words anything above is a waste of info...

However that the higher the frequency the easier on the amp to make power.

Most amps should be able to make the same power from 20-20kHz with little variation, as in around <.5dB.

It used to (and still may be) actually be harder to do upper frequencies. It is hard for some electronic circuits/transistors/FETS to change from On/Off at high frequencies. The fastest it can turn on and off is know as the slew rate; with an amplifier of + 60V supply rail, the leading edge of a 20kHz sine wave would have to change from 0V to 60V in 1/80,000 of a second ( 12.5uS ). With a poorly designed amplifier you will get less output in terms of power the higher you go over the slew rate, as shown in this picture.

a12_slew-graph.gif

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Anybody know if this affliction applies to all SQ amps, or just this particular board?

Well Im sure it would applie to the majority of them, especially since they are all using CapXon capacitors, as well as Digital Designs..... wow pathetic. bahahahaa as for how good DD amps will do who knows no one had the courage to put one on any form of amp dyno yet, just like those such powerful Brazilian amps that always go up in flames.
You know I'm glad you mention that. I was scrambling once i watched the video to see what was in my M3b, can't say I was suprised to see those same shitty caps in my DD. I have long said I don't think DD amps do even close to rated power and would love to find someone local to test mine!

Here are some words from the man Tony D'amore himself.I

I'm not afraid of posting something that goes against a previously help belief of mine.

This is from a conversation I had with him.

Me: Hey tony, I'm hoping you could answer a question for me. When Rockford rates an amplifier for how much power it produces. Is their testing system similar to the AD-1 certified test, or the AD-1 dynamic test? Thanks!

Tony: Similar to AD-1 certified test. At least it used to be, not sure how they do it today. Rockford's PowerCube tests are similar to the AD-1 dynamic mode

Me: In your opinion, should amps be rated using the certified method, or dynamic method?

Tony: Certified. But having both ratings to compare tells one a lot about how the amplifier is designed

Me: Why is a certified test more accurate than dynamic?

Tony: Both tests are equally accurate, but are testing different things. Certified is testing how much sine wave continuous power it can put out before it hits 1% distortion. Dynamic is testing how much musical power it has before clipping.

Me: Last question. For someone who just wanted louder bass, or a higher SPL number. What would be better Amp A: 1500 watts certified, 1800 dynamic. or Amp B: 1100 watts certified, 2200 watts dynamic?

Tony: In my experience A would probably give a better number in a spl comp but B would probably sound better

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

wow aint that something.

You just said everything I told you about your t2500, and how I said the old rf amps are tested certified, while the new ones appear to be dynamically.

I bet you feel so smart now huh?

And now its confirmed. I literally said from the beginning i didnt know how my t2500 would test.

I have no problem admitting when im wrong.

We are still going to put the t2500 on the dyno too :)

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

You also kept going well what's it's rating and how's it rated.

it's rated 2500@ 1 ohm what was so hard to figure out about that?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived