Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

We should have a Soundqubed 2200.1 tested hopefully within the next week.

Any guesses?

Burst I guess 3300 and cert 2500...

We don't have an AD-1, only an AMM-1. So i can't do Cert, but i can do uncert and burst.

please test at 1 :D

yepp, it will be.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

• 4 weeks later...

any update on the SQ 2200.1 test

due to some issues of dealing with someone on this site, that has not come to fruition yet...it WILL be tested, but at this point i can't really say when...

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

just in case anyone would like to know.

I recently clamped my Hifonics Zues 3200. (DMM's were used in the test)

subs: 2 RE Audio sxx 15's wired to 1 ohm (nominal measured at 1.5 ohms). gross impedance (box rise) of 2.27 ohms

test started at 14.2 volts and dropped to 12.7 volts

35Hz tone at 0db attenuation

973 watts

So you can take whats he and get an idea what the amp might do with improved electrical and lower box rise impedance.

Actually they are in the same class. 2500 watts rated puts them in the same class. Just because one does it and then some and the other doesnt just goes to show you thalt you get what you pay for. Soundstream hasnt made a good amp in a long time

You and Steve in one way are helping my point, The soundstream is a budget amp compared to the rockford. I never said the rockford wasn't the shit, but god forbid anyone starts to question price justification, then the rockford fans get all butt hurt.

And to those making the comparison of running 30 boss amps, really, how infantile can you be.

But a person who is on a limited budget could run Two of the soundstreams for half the price of the rockford and achieve the same power.

As far as the test results go, i do believe that they are fairly acurate. However it is sort of amusing we are taking these results as gospel. In most cases people would be screaming for the video proof.

I have stated that i do not run nor indorse Soundstream, however i do feel to many people knock them down just to chime in on the bandwagon. I will agree they went through a ruff patch, but i will not knock their new products, seeing that i have not Personally ran or running them now.

It just seems to be sad how those jump in to knock a product with no personal experience, just to be on the bandwagon. They seem to forget very quickly, that they or these kids just starting out can't afford the rockford t2500.

So go ahead jump down my throat with all the huha comments, but i have tried to make a point without butthurting anyone or any brand.

I agree with a lot of your points but the main thing to note here is that they are lying about their ratings and that's the difference. It's not about watts per dollar. Its that Rockford is telling the truth about their wattage. Soundstream isn't.

Personally I wouldn't give a dollar to a company that lied to it's customers like that. If they would label their ratings more truthfully, it would be considered a good deal. Instead, they force themselves into the same category as Power Acoustik.

LOL. Soundstream IS power acoustik with a fucking spider on the logo. IMO Soundstream hasn't made a good product since Markie Mark had a funky bunch.

Also I'd seen clamp numbers years ago about the RF 2500 showing over 3000W. That's a known under-rated amp. Sadly the 4K version is known to randomly self destruct and they're a bitch to fix if you break them... that whole line of RF amps are really beast and I haven't really liked any RF since the head unit they made in the 90's.

Dont go insulting soundstream now. The dont know betters will try to cut you

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived