Sonic Electronix

Yeah your clipping. Subsonic is probably tuned bad also. Along with clipping that can make that sub get very hot

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

My massive dmx stage 2's get pretty damn hot and smelly even though im not clipping and hold voltage, sending them less than their rated 1500rms

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

just because you add bats doesn't mean you can

turn.your gain up!

we need to make a stickie about subs getting hot and what clipping is here. seems like every other post is a gain to high issue!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Judging by your picture, I'd say the sun definitely plays a roll in the heat issue as well. I drive a hatchback and my amp is mounted right where the rear window is and that damn thing gets hot to the touch without even being turned on.

Clipping could be happening as well. I say oscope that bitch and find out, which is easier said than done.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Judging by your picture, I'd say the sun definitely plays a roll in the heat issue as well. I drive a hatchback and my amp is mounted right where the rear window is and that damn thing gets hot to the touch without even being turned on.

Clipping could be happening as well. I say oscope that bitch and find out, which is easier said than done.

Yeah same thing happens with my amps. They get rediculously hot with out even playing them in my car. But yeah I do need to use one on my eq and all to find out

Yeah same thing happens with my amps. They get rediculously hot with out even playing them in my car. But yeah I do need to use one on my eq and all to find out

Yep. I even have 5% tint in the back but it doesn't matter. Only thing you can really do is either get the shit out of the sunlight or add in some kind of fan system which can be done for amps but not really for subs. Good luck man.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Leave Florida. Seriously, there's no way in hell you're playing long enough for the heat of the coil to warm up a motor that size without burning up the coil. That is a "sunshine state" issue there.

Yep. I even have 5% tint in the back but it doesn't matter. Only thing you can really do is either get the shit out of the sunlight or add in some kind of fan system which can be done for amps but not really for subs. Good luck man.

I'm about to get a Tacoma and do a wall of 4 15s or 2 18s and I'm going to put my amps in a tool box in the back or build a custom amp rack and get a bed cover & put fans all in it so they stay cool, hopefully. For the subs, it should be as bad because the sun won't be hitting directly on the subs cone. If it is, ima have to figure something out

Archived