Second Skin Audio

Need help finding a box designer for a w7

LGHT

Thr JL box is designed as far as port size, tuning and net air space for an average of all installed locations meaning it should work ok regardless of which vehicle its in. Will that be best for your particular vehicle? Not likely. Winisd models a larger than recommended box for almost all of JL's subs but it does not account for cabin gain.As far as tuning, it is determined by the type of music you listen to. If you like rap and dubstep choose a lower tuning, if you are listening to country and pop a higher tuning may suit you better.

Thr JL box is designed as far as port size, tuning and net air space for an average of all installed locations meaning it should work ok regardless of which vehicle its in. Will that be best for your particular vehicle? Not likely. Winisd models a larger than recommended box for almost all of JL's subs but it does not account for cabin gain.As far as tuning, it is determined by the type of music you listen to. If you like rap and dubstep choose a lower tuning, if you are listening to country and pop a higher tuning may suit you better.

Ok thanks for the tips. I listen to dubstep, skrillex, that type of music and some jazz, & r&b. A little rap, but not much. Should I go lower than the JL recommended 30hz for that type of music? Sorry for not knowing this already I usually just get a factory spec box, but want something with a little more performance if possible.

No. 30 is good for that. You would only go lower for those eyeball shaking, back of the head pounding super spl completion type low frequency. None of the music you mentioned have those freq's

The frequency range is from 20 hrtz to 20,000 hrtz. So 30's are very, very low.

Looks familure to me...

that box looks like a pre fab type.... i think Jl calls it, a HIGH OUTPUT enclosure or something. I bet you could find those already build online..... :shrug:

EDIT - well, i was kinda close anyway.

http://www.pacificstereo.com/jl-audio-ho110r-w7.html?utm_source=google-products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=google-products&gclid=CO77k56Qk78CFcRffgodMyIAVg

Looks familure to me...

that box looks like a pre fab type.... i think Jl calls it, a HIGH OUTPUT enclosure or something. I bet you could find those already build online..... :shrug:

EDIT - well, i was kinda close anyway.

http://www.pacificstereo.com/jl-audio-ho110r-w7.html?utm_source=google-products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=google-products&gclid=CO77k56Qk78CFcRffgodMyIAVg

That's exactly what I think it is to with a trim panel over the top of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If it is a pre-fab box that's been custom carpeted and has a panel over it would that be a better option then me trying to customize one from scratch about that same size? I just like to clean, snug, fit and how nice it looks in the back. My current box has different colored carpet and just sits in the back like an isor.

The only reason I'm considering a custom box is because several articles I've read all say the sub just performs and sounds better if put ina 3-4cu foot box instead of the fact spec JL box.

Build a 3.5cube box tune it to 30 he put a flared 6" Aero port and call it a day

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived