Getting Metered on the 10th, am I expecting too much?

LOL. Sorry, bro, but its WAY off. You already know that though.

Where did they place the mic?

For all I know, in the shop vehicle. They wouldn't let me come back because they said they had other stuff to finish up before they got around to my vehicle.

That ain't right dude. The old audio controls can be made to show really high numbers.

I didn't think so either. I had instantly thought of car dynos, where some are proven to be 20% above other dynos outputs.

defienetly not right. if you chose the right frequency and burped it i bet a low 140 at a high frequency if that. high 130 most likely. if its on music definelty 130s.

that number isnt right. if it was you might as well be the new trunk king

I wouldn't mind having that title on an off the wall, no way in hell, metering :P

:lol2:

No, it's not right at all.

Makes the shop sound even shadier now.

Yeah, refer to where I responded to Orions reply. Wouldn't even let me come in back while metering.

So now its time to find a legitimate place with a termlab to get metered with. Maybe by that time I will already have a custom box built. I can hope so. I won't lie though, there was a few minutes after I picked up the car that I was just crazy with joy and jumping up and down LOL. I had to enjoy it while it lasted until reality set back in haha. I can see why everyone in this town swings their dicks about how big and bad their systems are after getting metered there. Now I am just pissed that I have to find a legitimate meter, I've been amped up the whole week for this.

Are they actually using a Term Lab to meter?

I'll just leave this here.

He's answer that question like 4 times

I said that 9 days ago knowing that a lot of shops don't use the standards of measuring SPL.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Are they actually using a Term Lab to meter?

I'll just leave this here.

He's answer that question like 4 times

I said that 9 days ago knowing that a lot of shops don't use the standards of measuring SPL.

I couldn't answer you nine days ago because I didn't know for sure. Found out today when I went in.

For reference, IIRC, Steve's Tahoe does 57's.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived