CleanSierra Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 And I agree with others, there are far superior options to that sub for way better prices. That sub doesn't have a 4" coil, is a 3" coil. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
mothra Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 i like these and the 5000. i did an install for someone local with the 5000. was 2 cubes tuned to 30hz with a 4" aero port on a kicker kx2400. this thing jammed. PSI will recone the 5000 don't know about the 5102 if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
vitochelopez Posted July 4, 2014 Author Report Posted July 4, 2014 Great info from everyone, so thank you. I am also looking into the MTX 9500 and the RF T2.
alaskanzx5 Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 Depending on what your going for and how cheap you ca get the t2 subs they may not be worth it. they aren't a great sub for the meter but the can play music daily great and take some abuse. I wouldn't pay more then 400-500 for them though t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
vitochelopez Posted July 7, 2014 Author Report Posted July 7, 2014 What about the mtx 9500 sub? Does this sub get loud or is it more sq oriented?
Jhunt94 Posted July 7, 2014 Report Posted July 7, 2014 What about the mtx 9500 sub? Does this sub get loud or is it more sq oriented? I'm not sure if anyone on here really runs MTX subs, for the price of that one you could have a nice Sundown Audio, SQ, Fi/AA, DC sub from anyone of the bigger brands and it would probably take a little more power too. Just my two cents 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
slowfkncar Posted July 7, 2014 Report Posted July 7, 2014 The 9500 is more spl oriented just like all the other woofers you posted. Look into soundqubed/fi audio. Great products well worth the money. Btw,get another 4 channel and run your highs active! You will not regret it after you get it tuned properly.
BennyBoy Posted July 7, 2014 Report Posted July 7, 2014 Every Pioneer I've had, does not last. They get lose and non linear. I've been running a Morel Primo 10 for about 6 months. It can take a beating, but with a max power handling of 300 watts, it's not a SPL woofer. I did not see an introduction topic so I will do it here...Hello everyone, I am new here and looking to gain some info, learn about new products and make good decisions on my next purchases. Currently I run all CDT audio I have a set of 06+ midbass drivers in front doors with a 3 way setup to it, 2" sillk mids on doors with 1" silk tweets on pillars and in my back doors I have the carbon midbass drivers with 1" titanium tweeters. And my amp running all this is a Lanzar optidrive 150x4 rms. And my head unit is Pioneer 80PRS. Now I am looking for a single 10" sub to put in as my bass. I am looking at the Pioneer premier older sub, Pioneer TS-W5102SPL, which is no longer made I believe but I am intrigued by it...is this a good sub to look in to? Seems to be a beast with a 4" voice coil and good excursion. System. HU, Pioneer 80. Fronts, Morel Elates. Rear, Morel Ultimo 8 x2. Amps, Boston GT-42/GT-24.
CleanSierra Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 Here's the big paperweight I have here Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.