Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Pioneer Premier Subwoofer


Recommended Posts

Posted

I did not see an introduction topic so I will do it here...Hello everyone, I am new here and looking to gain some info, learn about new products and make good decisions on my next purchases. Currently I run all CDT audio I have a set of 06+ midbass drivers in front doors with a 3 way setup to it, 2" sillk mids on doors with 1" silk tweets on pillars and in my back doors I have the carbon midbass drivers with 1" titanium tweeters. And my amp running all this is a Lanzar optidrive 150x4 rms. And my head unit is Pioneer 80PRS. Now I am looking for a single 10" sub to put in as my bass. I am looking at the Pioneer premier older sub, Pioneer TS-W5102SPL, which is no longer made I believe but I am intrigued by it...is this a good sub to look in to? Seems to be a beast with a 4" voice coil and good excursion.

Posted

I don't know much about that sub but if your into big coils and excursion I would look into sundown audio

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Posted

So, what are your goals (more towards SPL or SQ, or maybe best of both)? How much space do you have available for the sub enclosure (actually measure it)? Where do you plan on crossing it? What amp are you using to power it?

Also, I'm kinda confused as to how you're running a 3-way stage plus rear tweeters on a 4 channel amp. What I think you're doing probably shouldn't be happening.

Edit: I just assumed you're running active. You running passive? Seems more likely now that I read it again.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

those pioneer subs are/were awesome until they failed. im not aware of anyone that does rebuilds on these so you get left with a very expensive paper weight

Posted

First off welcome to the forums and looking to get help with your next purchases.

My next suggestion will be to sit back from doing any work on your car and just read topics on here.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

I did not see an introduction topic so I will do it here...Hello everyone, I am new here and looking to gain some info, learn about new products and make good decisions on my next purchases. Currently I run all CDT audio I have a set of 06+ midbass drivers in front doors with a 3 way setup to it, 2" sillk mids on doors with 1" silk tweets on pillars and in my back doors I have the carbon midbass drivers with 1" titanium tweeters. And my amp running all this is a Lanzar optidrive 150x4 rms. And my head unit is Pioneer 80PRS. Now I am looking for a single 10" sub to put in as my bass. I am looking at the Pioneer premier older sub, Pioneer TS-W5102SPL, which is no longer made I believe but I am intrigued by it...is this a good sub to look in to? Seems to be a beast with a 4" voice coil and good excursion.

This sub?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_16932_Pioneer_Premier_TS-W5102SPL.aspx

Posted

I'm not a pioneer hater at all but you could a real good sub for half that. Welcome by the way!

You got my 1,000 post. Too bad there's no reward, I'll give you this though..................... :WELCOME:

Posted

Do research on different subs so many bad ones but so few good ones just dont make the wrong decision. Sundown,DC Audio, DD, Orion HCCA, FI etc check them out plus more.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

If you're interested in that sub, I have the very same one in my garage ;)

I have no need for it and if you'd like it cheap to play around with, let me know.

20140410_082117_1.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3202 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...