madnking Posted July 6, 2014 Report Posted July 6, 2014 I have 2 rexxx 15 fs is 32 I tuned box for 33hz 8 cubes metered at 147.3 my truck resonating freq is 47ish if I tuned higher say 42 would I see a decent gain in dbs thabks
byers319 Posted July 6, 2014 Report Posted July 6, 2014 Dude you don't need to make two different topics for the same question
madnking Posted July 6, 2014 Author Report Posted July 6, 2014 Sorry double post didnt think first one took
White Lightning Posted July 6, 2014 Report Posted July 6, 2014 Only one way to find out ... Retune and Retest Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted July 6, 2014 Report Posted July 6, 2014 Sorry double post didnt think first one tookWhy are you liking all of your own post ?? You are not giving us enough information about your system / vehicle to give you a fair answer ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
madnking Posted July 6, 2014 Author Report Posted July 6, 2014 2007 cherokee Kinetik 2400 up front Deka 8a8d inrear Mechman 340 amp alt Each sub has kicker 1600.1 on each coil Sub up community ported to rear 2 runs pos and neg to rear battery Thanks
madnking Posted July 6, 2014 Author Report Posted July 6, 2014 I know best way is to retune n test decided to ask about others exp they might have on the topic ti help po I nt me in the right direction. In current box 34hz was the peak. Thanks wasnt tryung to like my posts thought the check was to follow topic lol sorry kinda new here
Krakin Posted July 6, 2014 Report Posted July 6, 2014 Follow is at the top right of the page Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Joe X Posted July 7, 2014 Report Posted July 7, 2014 I have 2 rexxx 15 fs is 32 I tuned box for 33hz 8 cubes metered at 147.3 my truck resonating freq is 47ish if I tuned higher say 42 would I see a decent gain in dbs thabks You need to have the box peak at the resonant freq. of the car but that doesn't mean tune to that. Usually you will tune below the resonant of the vehicle and then increase tuning a bit an then read few times.
bkolfo4 Posted July 7, 2014 Report Posted July 7, 2014 Anyone want to break the news to him that the XXX does not make a good SPL sub??? Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.