Subwoofer Box Comming Undone

I have 2 12'' L7 in a ported encloser. Should they be making a sub box open up? They are running off of a 1500.1. They made the box open before and it seems like they are doing it again. Do you guys think that i just got a crappy box? I had this problem before and the box was indeed comming undone, when it came undone it made my L7's sound like crap. I took it back to the authorized dealer i purchased it from and they used a nailgun to re secure it. Now it seems like again that the box is busting again. My subs sound like crap again and i know they arnt blown. Should subs be able to bust a encloser or is this box just plain trash. What ya think?

Red

Alpine IVA-D310 w/Alpine Blackbird Navigation

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

15'' Clarion Drop down monitor/dvd player

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt

15'' L7 x2

06zx 1500.1 (anther one)

1/o ga.

if its the pre-fab that u can get from like circuit city or somethin...that box with the l7's in it....then yes it can...ive heard of a few people with the prefab kicker box and blown the back out of them.....i would just make your own, that way you kno how strong it is, and know it wont come apart

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

pre-fab or not, it should be glued together and nail-gunned not just nail gunned. And yes subs can provide enough pressure to make a box come apart. Thats why we always reinforce it as much as possible/practical.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I kinda thought so, my stuff is still under warrenty, i am going to ask for a whole new box. This time Im gonna make sure its right. Not like the one i got now.

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt

15'' L7 x2

06zx 1500.1 (anther one)

1/o ga.

Tell them to not be so cheap and use some wood glue on it ;)

Or when you get it home, pull it and do resin 45's in the corners.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

just in the corners.

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt

15'' L7 x2

06zx 1500.1 (anther one)

1/o ga.

lol at not using wood glue to fix it. the nails wont hold the wood together, just in place for the glue.

and as for corners, yes, but i think he means the whole edge on all sides. just kinda tilt the box and put the resin in it

cool, also someone told me that if you mount amps to the subwoofer box, it can break the amps cause of all the vibration, ever heard of that.

this is the same guy that told me that his 3 12'' pioneer subs hit 148. when i asked him to play them, he cranked them way up and i wasnt impressed. Im not saying that the right person building the right setup cant make pioneer subs hit 148 but this was clearly not the guy. He even tried to play Speakerboxxx off that old Andre 3000 cd. It was loud but no where near 148. I dont know what my system would hit, but when i turned mine on it was clearly louder and cleaner. I wasnt tring to out do him, i was just trying to get a quote on him building me a new box then he started braggin on his 148. lol

Kicker SS upfront

Kicker RS inrear

06zx 650.4

06zx 1500.1

0612''L7 x2

dry cell in the back

4 ga. wiring thoughout

Big III

Dream List:

Bigger Alt