Sonic Electronix

Who's got the best roof bracing?

Normally I don't reach out to the forum for help. In fact I almost started tackling the bracing today but had a better idea. There are so many absurdly large systems on SMD nowadays that someone has to have a superior design. I'm putting four 15" ZCONs in a 4th order wall in my 02' Bonnie and I know Bonnevilles (Grand Prixs, Grand Ams, etc.) have notoriously weak roof bracing. In fact my Bonneville has no bracing at all. I would say I'm an experienced welder and have my "welding god" of a father to help as well. The car is unmolested as of yet so I'm doing it all perfect the first time, replacing windshields is not something I am fond of. Unfortunately I don't follow SMD as much as I used too so I'm hoping there are some member builders with great designs.

Basically I want to eliminate all roof flex WITHOUT a stripper pole. I don't want to have to run in that class and I'm more than capable of making the roof solid. But who has the best examples of windshield bracing? Post up some links for me or at least steer me in the direction of some builds with well done roof bracing. Appreciate it guys. I've spent the better part of two hours already searching, its not as easy to find this stuff as I thought it would be. I'm just not on here enough.

2014-07-12153947_zps943b452d.jpg

2014-07-12153916_zps119b5065.jpg

2014-07-12153933_zps01fceb1a.jpg

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I'm tuned in for this. Have the same issue. Only issue I see with welding is it will bubble the paint on the outside of the roof

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I plan on kerfing birch and gluing that to the roof and fiberglassing if it needs it, that part is easy. The whole wide open area will be layered with wood and very strong, not too concerned about that. And it'd be tied into the front of the box half way forward so that will be solid. But its the top of the windshield I'm most concerned about. I definitely want to get some kind of additional metal on that cross brace on the front. It doesn't take much windshield excursion over time for the seal to give up, and that's when windshields start breaking. And these massive sedan windows are a whole different ball game then say a truck/suv windshield. Anything else out there?

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Best roof bracing I've ever seen right here. He's using a stripper pole but I'm sure if you did a good job with MDF and fiberglass work, it would stop it just fine

IIRC it's MDF and fiberglas

MDF should be good, i´ll let you know how it works on mine, gonna do it in a few days!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

youll have to be carefull alot of orgs will not let you brace the roof in front of the b pillar or if they do it has strict rules for it or youll end up in the same class as the stripper poles

Glad someone got to this before I did. Any sort of bracing in front of the B pillar in some glassed/orgs will stick you directly in that same class. What class/org are u gonna be running in? Btw a solid MDF/glassed roof works as good if not better from personal testing (Caravan panel van w/ 8 15s in a 4th order).

2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx

- Alpine CDA-9885

- Rainbow CSX Comps

- (2) 12" Sundown Zv4

- Sundown 5K

- 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk

- 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s

- 150.4 @ Dash as of now

Archived