The ol' DC power run-around

Singer has awesome customer service. He won't bullshit you, and will always answer emails.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Mike's upfront and honest with you about shit. He told me 4-5 weeks, it's running on the 5th week and he's busting his ass to get other order's done. He's going to TRY to get me mine by Wednesday of next week. Super stand up guy.

No shit. I ordered my alt Sept 20th, 2013. I was told there was a 2-3 week lead time.

On October 2nd, I got a message from Mike saying that the alt just shipped (a week, and 6 days).

Not only that, but he said that he power coated it too for no charge.. A COMPLETE surprise to me. I didnt pay for that, so i didnt expect it..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Wow. Well I was going to complain that I haven't received a reply for my quote request in over a week from them, lol

:peepwall:

If Singer beats them to it then I will most likely just go with them.

Mike's upfront and honest with you about shit. He told me 4-5 weeks, it's running on the 5th week and he's busting his ass to get other order's done. He's going to TRY to get me mine by Wednesday of next week. Super stand up guy.

Singer has awesome customer service. He won't bullshit you, and will always answer emails.

Yeah, I haven't heard a bad thing yet about his stuff, though with any company there will be issues. I don't think he had anything for my car though :(

Wow. Well I was going to complain that I haven't received a reply for my quote request in over a week from them, lol

Yeah, I haven't heard a bad thing yet about his stuff, though with any company there will be issues. I don't think he had anything for my car though :(

Send him an email and ask what he can do. Nobody else had anything for my car but he got a custom stator and shit made.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Send him an email and ask what he can do. Nobody else had anything for my car but he got a custom stator and shit made.

I thought I had e-mailed him, but don't see anything in my sent folder to him. Whoops, could've avoided this whole mess by asking him too. If the DC don't ship, he's my next stop.

I'll never order another non dc power alt. No offense to singer. They just have a far superior product. His CS is untouchable where as DC is spotty, but I prefer to do things once and not ever see it again. When I do things twice I get pissed.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I'll never order another non dc power alt. No offense to singer. They just have a far superior product. His CS is untouchable where as DC is spotty, but I prefer to do things once and not ever see it again. When I do things twice I get pissed.

Same here. I like my alt to bolt right in like it should :good:

:ninja:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

For the price, it better be pretty damn nice. DC appears to have more R&D put into their product, simply because they have the revenue to do so. The other alternator makers don't really give an inside look into what they do like DC. But if you never get the product, what is the point?

Same here. I like my alt to bolt right in like it should :good:

:ninja:

I think I'm going to bash my skull in with the alt if it won't bolt in.

When I ordered my 270XP, I was told 3-4 weeks. 10 days later I got a call asking when I would like to come in so they could install it for me, no charge. Oh yeah, powdercoated to match my factory paint color, no charge. And they gave me a credit for giving them my POS Irraggi. Not much but still. I've used this fucking thing for nearly 3 years on big systems and less battery help than I should have, and its still going HAM.

Bash DC all you want, but they are not a caraudio alt company first. Especially if its a special/rare/non-popular model. What car do you have, OP?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

When I ordered my 270XP, I was told 3-4 weeks. 10 days later I got a call asking when I would like to come in so they could install it for me, no charge. Oh yeah, powdercoated to match my factory paint color, no charge. And they gave me a credit for giving them my POS Irraggi. Not much but still. I've used this fucking thing for nearly 3 years on big systems and less battery help than I should have, and its still going HAM.

Bash DC all you want, but they are not a caraudio alt company first. Especially if its a special/rare/non-popular model. What car do you have, OP?

Damn, they hooked you up! Are you a part of the industry in some way? I would imagine high profile clients get top notch service everywhere.I would love to see their facilities but I live in Tx.

It's going in a 2007 Hyundai Accent, which I concede can't be an easy car to fabricate an alt for. But it stands that I was quoted a time and it took 4x as long with no explanation as of yet.

I am trying not to mindlessly bash DC, I am just disgruntled. They apparently make awesome parts for all kinds of applications, just kinda left me by the wayside is all

Archived