The ol' DC power run-around

Hey guys, it's been 14 weeks since I ordered an alternator from DC. I was quoted 2-3 weeks by their site and 3-4 weeks by a DC staff member on another forum. I have had some contact with them, including being told around the 5 week mark that it was shipping the next week, and being told five weeks ago that it was getting anodized and should be back in two weeks. Multiple messages, calls, voicemail, that have not been replied to. Just feeling really frustrated at this point.

If they just would be honest about wait times, I wouldn't have a problem, but at this point I think they're just flat out lying.

This alternator was for a Summer project that won't get done before school starts even if the alt ships today, so really it's a moot point now. Any advice to get me though the waiting? Should I get my money back?

DC should be pissed at you because your build isn't done for their alternator. heheheh

but you have to remember things in business don't always go as planed. on the other hand 2-3 weeks becoming 14 weeks is by all means ridiculous...

i would express you frustration to them and see if there can be some resolution.. if not get your money back-

Worth the wait, but that's how they are sometimes

well, poop.

DC should be pissed at you because your build isn't done for their alternator. heheheh

but you have to remember things in business don't always go as planed. on the other hand 2-3 weeks becoming 14 weeks is by all means ridiculous...

i would express you frustration to them and see if there can be some resolution.. if not get your money back-

I know right?! Maybe they aren't sending me the alt until they are sure I can handle THE POWAH!

seriously, 14 weeks of my life I've spent pacing the floor, running to the window everytime I hear a UPS man on my street, crying myself to sleep because I don't have that sexy sexy alt.

They are giving me the silent treatment. That or just ignoring me.

Its not out of the norm for DC to get a massive order in from some company on a rush and everything else gets put on the back burner. Seen it happen several times, just something you roll the dice on when ordering from them. You definitely get what you pay for when you get it in.

Its not out of the norm for DC to get a massive order in from some company on a rush and everything else gets put on the back burner. Seen it happen several times, just something you roll the dice on when ordering from them. You definitely get what you pay for when you get it in.

I have read that, and I understand that. They build units for emergency departments, military, etc. all of which take precedent over car audio. But to tell me it is shipping the next week at four weeks in, then 6 weeks later tell me it is at anodizing, then 4 more weeks later not replying to any attempts to contact? Yes mad.

Yeah that's fairly common unfortunately. Good news is that the product is worth the wait.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

There is always lots of threads on this subject. Moral of the story, just from reading, plan on waiting a very long time for what you order from DC Power.

I waited 4+ months for the alt I got a tracking number on this past week. They never, ever responded to emails even though I emailed 3 different people there numerous times each. Calling them is your best bet. I knew it would be a wait going into it but the lack of response and the amount of time had me worried I was never gonna see anything from them.

I got no hate for them but I don't see myself ordering anything from them again because of the way they handle business.

And when it comes to them getting a big order in or whatever, I am in no way arguing with anyone on this site BUT when their website says 2-3 week build time for most of their out of stock alternators and they keep people waiting months and months then to me it's false advertising and they need to remove their lead times from their site because they seem to be rarely, if not never, accurate.

Yes, they have orders for OEM parts etc. I know this and I understand, but their CS is non-existent and they are quick to take your money but then you don't hear from them until who knows when.

Some people have waited over a year for alts from them, some have gotten them sooner, some of their alts are in stock, etc. so experiences vary but the general consensus for us bassheads is it's a multi-month wait for all out of stock alts even if it's their most common ones. I don't care what technology they have, if this is the way they do business then they don't need mine (when their site says otherwise and they won't respond, ever)

I am done here as I am not here to argue.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Personally after my experience shop else where. Solid product when A)you can get it and B)when it works. Some people have great experience with them and never have an issue with the alt. I sent mine back 2 years ago for a bad rectifier and have been SOL since.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived