Second Skin Audio

two 18"s 4th order trunk build box help

Phaeton

Like so. The shaded area in front of the sub could either be left open at the top (don't know how that would sound), or enclosed to be the sealed section of your 4th.

CAM001411.jpg

im going to try to build a box like this tomorrow night after work! im pretty excited about this. im going to make a video and take pictures and everything! thanks orionstang!

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

i started to build a box when i realized that my space above and below the subwoofers are very limited. i did some measuring and sure enough the port idea wont fit. So that was pretty disappointing. looks like im going back to my old idea unless someone has a better idea for two 18's

Lots of Second Skin

Sell the 18's and get some nice 15's... It will sound better, if sound is what you are truly going after. IF you're trying to prove a point that you can get 2 18's in a trunk, then go for it. Just my opinion, I don't think it's going to sound right. I think you should try to figure out a way to fit a slot port/or PVC ports through the deck, if doing 18's....

4th order for 15's get quite large as well. Your talking about doing what most do in a SUV, in a large trunk. Granted, it can possibly be accomplished, as I've seen the back of a Lincoln TownCar and that trunk is HUGE!!! If your trunk is that big, then you may have juuuust enough room to do this. Are you ready to build in the trunk? You have the right tools? Just asking, need to be prepared before you start this project. Not going to be an easy one... 15 cubes bare minimum, and I'm probably being a little generous.

I do wish you the best of luck and I do hope this works out for you. I never try to rain on anyone's parade. This is how new concepts are developed. You say screw it and do it! Please do posts pics and vids. Would love to see how this comes out. Maybe if you do that, people will have a better idea of what your working with and can offer more, and more precise suggestions? Good luck anyhow! Let us know how it works out...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Sell the 18's and get some nice 15's... It will sound better, if sound is what you are truly going after. IF you're trying to prove a point that you can get 2 18's in a trunk, then go for it. Just my opinion, I don't think it's going to sound right. I think you should try to figure out a way to fit a slot port/or PVC ports through the deck, if doing 18's....

4th order for 15's get quite large as well. Your talking about doing what most do in a SUV, in a large trunk. Granted, it can possibly be accomplished, as I've seen the back of a Lincoln TownCar and that trunk is HUGE!!! If your trunk is that big, then you may have juuuust enough room to do this. Are you ready to build in the trunk? You have the right tools? Just asking, need to be prepared before you start this project. Not going to be an easy one... 15 cubes bare minimum, and I'm probably being a little generous.

I do wish you the best of luck and I do hope this works out for you. I never try to rain on anyone's parade. This is how new concepts are developed. You say screw it and do it! Please do posts pics and vids. Would love to see how this comes out. Maybe if you do that, people will have a better idea of what your working with and can offer more, and more precise suggestions? Good luck anyhow! Let us know how it works out...

i got the tools to do this, i haven't bought subs, amps bats or anything yet. But im planning how im going to do this.

Lots of Second Skin

can you post pics of the trunk? with some thing in there for a size reference. I've seen 2 18s in.trunks before... but the box was always way to small.

how about a ib set up?

my mid size grand prix has 12 cubes available in the trunk. and thats not counting All the bends And corners. i "could" build a 12cube box in my trunk. And those caddys make my trunk look itty bitty. so i know he could get 15 out of it. but the having the space and using the space is two totally different things.

I'm pulling for you man.

i really hope you do it!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

H2etnLP.jpg

here is that big hump i was talking about. there is also a smaller hump in the middle but i can cut that out and fiberglass over

WLL56Gi.jpg

Lots of Second Skin

4.1 : 7 for two 18s? Id be doing double that bud.

Do what other have said, 15s. Or if you must have an 18, only do one, so like a level 6.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

IplwKz7.jpg

perhaps this idea, its sort of a weird 6th order but its not really, ment to be a ported box.... i think another user on here did this before. but if my dual 18's wont work then i was thinking one very large sub on at least 8-10k. i was thinking fi sp4's for this build and running them on four soundqubed 3500's [two per sub]

Lots of Second Skin

Archived