Sonic Electronix

SSA recone....waiting and waiting and wait some more

My 2 brand new FI SP4 15" took only 4 weeks to get a tracking number earlier this year. I know nothing about recones though.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Everything is built to order and there are other people ahead of you.

If you don't want to wait buy a Chinese manufactured sub.

I still think its on the companies shoulders if they give you any number around how long it would take. If it stated no turn around date it is different. But you put yourself out there when you quote the customer a time span

I received my Zcon in 1.5 month, and they told me they were very busy because of their sale (big success). I live overseas : 10 days for shipping on this sub for me !

It's my 4th SSA sub, and I've bought 3btl n2 and 2 BLs from Fi. No issue at all.

Fi subs are harder to get for foreigners, but I got a recone kit in 2 or 3 weeks from them.

2 months is too long : maybe they forgot you and your order. Send ssa an email (Aaron or Mark). they answer quickly. They WILL take care of you.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Everything is built to order and there are other people ahead of you.

If you don't want to wait buy a Chinese manufa;ctured sub.

Two months for recone is ridiculous sorry he isn't ordering a team woofer or anything fancy..I'm sure the coil the surround the spiders are ready to go.I can see maching the motor takes time.other than that too long.

Only thing I think is SSA should have inventory of woofers and recones not build to order all they are is a middle man with SSA logo..

Op talk to brian the ascendant dealer on here give him your info maybe he can help ..you need a person with personal contact to Scott.

What Bill said.

I hate to say it. But knowing someone, is a huge help.

I know you, does that count?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Ive been in contact with Aaron the whole time, the only person I have talked to actually. He's been prompt and great with answering any and all questions. Ive always received great cs from SSA, that's not my complaint. I understand they are waiting on Fi. With that said it took 3-4 weeks to receive a pair of ssd's around 4 yrs ago and a single icon approx a year and a half ago. The 2+ month wait is just a little extreme, quality or not. How long does incrimanator or sundowns higher line stuff thats built to order take?

I totally agree with the comment on having some inventory, I understand these subs are customizable, built to order, etc. but I'd have to believe a large amount of people running their equipment are using the stock options because they perform well.

Iwannabeloud p*ss off dude...I purchased this kit for a reason because I want(ed) it. If you don't agree with my discern, that's you; you don't work for my money so don't tell me how to spend it.

Ive been in contact with Aaron the whole time, the only person I have talked to actually. He's been prompt and great with answering any and all questions. Ive always received great cs from SSA, that's not my complaint. I understand they are waiting on Fi. With that said it took 3-4 weeks to receive a pair of ssd's around 4 yrs ago and a single icon approx a year and a half ago. The 2+ month wait is just a little extreme, quality or not. How long does incrimanator or sundowns higher line stuff thats built to order take?

I totally agree with the comment on having some inventory, I understand these subs are customizable, built to order, etc. but I'd have to believe a large amount of people running their equipment are using the stock options because they perform well.

Iwannabeloud p*ss off dude...I purchased this kit for a reason because I want(ed) it. If you don't agree with my discern, that's you; you don't work for my money so don't tell me how to spend it.

I asked Nick from Incriminator audio on the SSA forum how long does it take to recieve the lethal injection sub and he said it takes 5-7 business days 10 at most usually, and amps usually ship next day, but as for the higher lines like warden, judge I'm not sure. You could ask him on ssa under the IA section.

Cool beans, I was just speaking hypothetically on the IA and SA build times.

SSA canceled and refunded my money, a week later the recone came in. I emailed Aaron and let him know. Going to pay up but I don't have the all the money(well I do but I have bills to pay and any emergencies) at this moment due to job change so the tables have turned so to speak...

Archived