Second Skin Audio

to wall or not to wall

so currently my set up is a pair of re destroyer 12s sealed off firing into my 98 neon. im able to do very small hair tricks with the small power i have at.800.1 @ .5

recently i bought another dd 95g motor so im debating biting the bullet and walling the car with those built into 18s

who has expierence with dd woofers are they burp/comp stuff or would they do well in a musical wall.

ive contacted DD and psi about recones with baskets for 18s so who ever is better priced thats prolly who i will go to.

how do you go about figuring out the cubic feet of a wall being it is going to be all types of shapes not just one simple square. also those that have built walls in small cars how bad is your susspension sag this car has all new strut.springs around but im thinking i should bag it to handle the extra wieght and being ill have the space for a compressor now that ill be gaining my trunk back

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Um I've got 4 9515s walled. They'll play anything you can throw at them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

what motors do yours have, what type of space do they need

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Wall. If you don't wall, then you won't stop thinking about it. You'll regret not walling.

Ask me how I know.

I've basically got motors thrown at me for killer prices.. And I stupidly declined. "I'm not ready to wall yet." Welp, this current rebuild should've been a wall IMO.

Oh well, maybe next time.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

like hdorre said, just wall it, because you're going to eventually anyways and this way you'll waste less time playing with other setups and more time on finding out what time of walled enclosure plays best

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

i saw a vid of a guy doing hairtricks with 2 12s so thats where i started with the idea of my destroyers smaller subs still moving that amount of air but i had a dd9515g and just got a good deal on another motor so i think a pair of 18s will be in order. how do you guys calculate the space of a wall do you build and then decide using all availible space or whats the formula or steps to use when measuring out how large it should be im going to get some measurements tomorrow to hopefully get some help for this but my plan is port top and woofers horizontal of each other. bud id like to maintain where my seats are reclined so it doesnt look like itll be a b pillar wall but something just about

There are a couple of ways to determine your airspace. You can take tons of measurements, draw it out and cut it into smaller geometric pieces calculate all the pieces and add together. Or you could take a ton of measurements and build it in sketchup and let it determine the volume.

Archived