Why should I run active?

Slinky

" "No offense" is really just another way of saying "I'm about to insult you, but don't get mad." "

One of my favorite quotes. Haha.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

Your comment was not at all fucking helpful so why post at all. It's people like you that do nothing but trash up forums. If you don't have something useful to say, DONT FUCKING SAY ANYTHING.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

With a 3sixty you can independently (ie: for each speaker):

1. Adjust speaker levels
2. Adjust speaker EQ settings
3. Adjust time alignment
4. Adjust crossover settings (and not just frequency but slope as well)
5. Maybe more with the 3sixty.3 but I haven't used one yet.

All in all it gives you more control over individual speakers, but with great power comes great responsibility! You no longer have any of the protections built into the passive crossovers.

Also, it's takes a fuck ton of time to set everything so that you actually hear a benefit. It's A LOT of work.

Also I see now that you will be running 2 sets of components on a 4 channel amp. You won't be adjusting these settings for each speaker but for each channel of the amp. So the right channel your tweets are on can be adjusted independently of the left channel your tweets are on. Same for the mids. Does that make sense?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Your comment was not at all fucking helpful so why post at all. It's people like you that do nothing but trash up forums. If you don't have something useful to say, DONT FUCKING SAY ANYTHING.

Holy fuck, is it everyone in MO that doesn't comprehend English or just you?

It was very helpful, you are just too dense to see through it. I was trying to be polite but I guess that doesn't work. Let me translate what I said in my nice typing to something that can be universally helpful in whatever language you speak.

If you have to ask why something will benefit you or ask to be convinced to do something you obviously aren't:

1) ready for it

2) going to benefit from it

3) going to comprehend how it works

4) will fuck up some shit along the way

well ROLEX. your such an asshole, how else am I suppose to learn about it.

Easy, use the fucking search button. Active passive sq are some of the most discussed topics on this forum. The same forum you accuse me of trashing up you don't even know how to use to it's fullest extent.

No, you want to be spoon fed answer. fuck that. Put the leg work in, get at least a fucking half clue and pose legit questions.

Fuck all that noise. I call a spade a spade and I'm an asshole.... please. And don't even go there with me trashing up this forum, shit..... I've contributed more than you ever will. So go do some home work. Schools out!

dropmic_zpsc0104ea4.gif

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Also, it's takes a fuck ton of time to set everything so that you actually hear a benefit. It's A LOT of work.

here's another clue for you and he's trying to be nice as well.

He didn't add the word KNOWLEDGE

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I feel like using the crossovers included with the components sounds good already. Is there something I'm missing? Where's the appeal?

If you feel like the sound with passive crossovers is already good enough, how do these guys explain how much "better" an active setup sounds. How do they convey to you what you're missing if you can't hear it.

Their responses weren't overly abrasive and they answered your question in their own way. When visiting forums, recommend you pack your thick skin.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

And here I thought I was becoming the forum asshole.

Seriously though, I think I know a lot, and I would not run active. There is so much to consider, it really does take a ton of knowledge to successfully run active.

Also, if you don't have access to an RTA it's kind of pointless.

I feel like using the crossovers included with the components sounds good already. Is there something I'm missing? Where's the appeal?

If you feel like the sound with passive crossovers is already good enough, how do these guys explain how much "better" an active setup sounds. How do they convey to you what you're missing if you can't hear it.

Their responses weren't overly abrasive and they answered your question in their own way. When visiting forums, recommend you pack your thick skin.

Easy for you to say when you aren't the one asking for help. These fucking idiots do nothing but ridicule people looking to grow. Im not saying active sounds better. Im saying convince me why.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I gave you a pretty decent list of advantages. whether it sounds better to you or not depends on your opinion and how much time you are willing to sink into learning/setting up everything. I will never go back to passive as long as I have similar control that the 3sixty gives me.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Holy fuck, is it everyone in MO that doesn't comprehend English or just you?

It was very helpful, you are just too dense to see through it. I was trying to be polite but I guess that doesn't work. Let me translate what I said in my nice typing to something that can be universally helpful in whatever language you speak.

If you have to ask why something will benefit you or ask to be convinced to do something you obviously aren't:

1) ready for it

2) going to benefit from it

3) going to comprehend how it works

4) will fuck up some shit along the way

well ROLEX. your such an asshole, how else am I suppose to learn about it.

Easy, use the fucking search button. Active passive sq are some of the most discussed topics on this forum. The same forum you accuse me of trashing up you don't even know how to use to it's fullest extent.

No, you want to be spoon fed answer. fuck that. Put the leg work in, get at least a fucking half clue and pose legit questions.

Fuck all that noise. I call a spade a spade and I'm an asshole.... please. And don't even go there with me trashing up this forum, shit..... I've contributed more than you ever will. So go do some home work. Schools out!

dropmic_zpsc0104ea4.gif

What does Missouri have to do with anything? Again, it's just you being an asshole. That's about as far as I need to read into your post because I know the rest of it is going to be full of shit. Nobody can fucking ask for help on the internet because of people like you. What is your goal exactly? Why is it that you spend time on here providing nothing for those asking questions? If all anyone ever did on forums was search, there wouldn't be any posts to search from. I wanted people to convince me why I should run active, not tell me I need knowledge. Go fuck yourself.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Archived