crewing Vega stroker anniversary edition.

I love the new cerwin vegas iv had a few cerwin vega subs there really well built id say how much are they goin for

read the article. costs as much as a used car

Looks like a 4in coil though so I'd assume it can handle more than 2500 watts but for $2000 they can keep it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Just because they have a bigger coil does not mean they are better or handle more power right off the bat.

This is a huge misconception in audio it seems.

Every coil is not created the same, and there are most likely 3inch coils that will walk all over some 4 inch coils.

Things like former material, wire gauge, type of metal used for the coil, the adhesives used to glue the wire to the former and its heat rating is HUGE to the power and thermal capacity the coil can handle.

Then you can get into different coatings on the coil some dissipate or handle heat better.

old ones were the shit. sequels are always worse lol

Look what I have

null_zpsa0114ebc.jpg

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

old ones were the shit. sequels are always worse lol

Look what I have

null_zpsa0114ebc.jpg

Had one for a while, recenctly sold it and built a spec box for it...

Aside from it needing a recone once the surrounds blew apart on it, and the same thing happened with the recone I see nothing special about them to this day...

Its a PA speaker like Eminence, with a threaded pole in the pole piece to accommodate the 2nd spider.

Its something so simple that you could do yourself if you wanted to realistically.

I guess for the time they where cool because it solved issues other similar style woofers had, but I dont see them doing much against anything of todays gear.

I guess you could say they got loud too, but back then the majority of comps where done with an Audio Control meter, and some even on the B&K or the TerraSonde.

All of these meters read excessively louder than the TermLab meters today, even the very first TermLabs where drastically louder.

So at best comparing these older scores to todays scores cant fairly be done unless you still have one of these vintage builds that was never touched sitting in a garage with all the original gear.

Also from what I recalled when USACI was very huge it was a rule to use the USACI SPL disc for tones. Now there was not any rules like today where you have to burp between 20-80 hz, just use their CD.

One of the ways to cheat around this which I knew a local guy who did this (he said it was all the rage back then) was use a tone doubler for a guitar.. So when he played a 70hz track from that usaci disc (which is following the rules), the tone doubler made it 140hz. This only lasted a few seasons from what I was told, be still it was easier to achieve a higher spl at those levels back then, and win. Now days for DB Drag your limited between 20-60hz and 20-80hz for usaci iirc.

fySWsD.jpg

2EOY3O.jpg

hNXmHo.jpg

Buzz kill...

I love old school shit....

Made in the USA... MURICA

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Back in the day I ran one of the original 18's. Until I could afford to buy another amp I ran it 8 ohms on a crossfire cfa 600. Even on that little bit of power, it got loud. Those subs were crazy efficient.

Just because they have a bigger coil does not mean they are better or handle more power right off the bat.

This is a huge misconception in audio it seems.

Every coil is not created the same, and there are most likely 3inch coils that will walk all over some 4 inch coils.

Things like former material, wire gauge, type of metal used for the coil, the adhesives used to glue the wire to the former and its heat rating is HUGE to the power and thermal capacity the coil can handle.

Then you can get into different coatings on the coil some dissipate or handle heat better.

I understand all that but in this case I think it will handle more I read that they tested this sub hardcore they said they ran 2500w rms to it for 24hrs straight and it didn't fail but it did melt the magnet boot they were going to use which is why they don't have one on it now. So thermally I believe it can handle more than 2500w easily suspension wise though who knows only testing would tell for sure and I'm not about to drop almost 2 g's to find out.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived