I drive a 2002 Black grand am and the paint job is pretty scratched up and the paint is peeling all over. I'm not willing to put a nice new paint job on it because i know with how i am and others in my house hold it will get scratched up in no time.

Besides that, I'm pretty excited to have bed liner on it because i think it would be pretty cool.

Also, my brother has worked at a body shop for around 5ish years and has been the painter for 1-2 now, so i will have his help with all of this.

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has ever painted their car in bed liner, but if so, i would appreciate any tips and advice.

Probably the most important thing to know is, what would be the best bed liner for this application?

Anything else you can think of, let me know!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I did a bit of research on that last year and from what I've found is prep-work is key in it lasting. Sand until your think your done then sand some more. Granted that was with the roll on type, spray may need less or more and may have a better finish.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Never bed lined, but a cheaper and better alternative might be plati dip! I think bed lining on a car wouldn't look too good, imo

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I'm no painter... But what I'd do is rough up the surface with sand paper, wash the dust off, wipe the car free oil oil with isopropyl alcohol and go at it

Never bed lined, but a cheaper and better alternative might be plati dip! I think bed lining on a car wouldn't look too good, imo

I actually talked to my brother about this, whether i should plasti dip or bedline. But he said that bed liner would hold up better which is KEY. also, it would be tougher against scratches and what not. plus i think the textured look would be really unique.

Are you planning on keeping it forever? Cause it might kill your resale value.

I agree with plastidip. Cheap, easy to use, and you can remove and change colors whenever you want.

I paid $325 for my car and have used it for over a year now. If i get no money whatsoever for the car, it's not that big of a deal to me.

I'm no painter... But what I'd do is rough up the surface with sand paper, wash the dust off, wipe the car free oil oil with isopropyl alcohol and go at it

lol, this is basically what my brother who is a painter said. he's like "with bed liner you don't need to be THAT meticulous.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

That job on that vette looks good! you might have a winner hahaha

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived