Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for Extended Cab Pick Up Truck

My windows can't roll down in my truck, I'm hoping that this one here will still sound loud with everything closed in the truck? HELP, need input! The new enclosure is Tuned to 38Hz in a 2.73cu.ft enclosure. I have a enclosure tuned to 32Hz made by Pound That Sound. It sounds so Low & Loud with a Digital Designs M2b amplifier, But only if I open my passenger door. I also put the box in my sisters car, Wow!! It is just as Low & Loud in that car with the windows down & that is only on a Alpine PDX-M6 600W amplifier! The box was made for a small SUV not made for a Extended Cab Pick Up. The Xcon will be facing up, hoping that this will be louder with everything in my truck closed or am I just going to waste my time making this enclosure?

rbccfVC.jpg

FGCiUvV.jpg

DQEQdYB.jpg

Sadly, from my experience if your truck is louder with one or both windows down the box design will not change that. I have had 10+ boxes in my truck and all were louder with the windows down, chalk it up your cabin acoustics.

Edited : Corrected Ghetto spelling.

I had about every port/sub orientation you can think of in my ext. cab and they were all louder with a window down

Just how it was, but yours could be different

Sadly, from my experience if your truck is louder with one or both windows down the box design will not change that. I have had 10+ boxes in my truck and all were louder with the windows down, chalk it up yo cabin acoustics.

same with mine, have had about a dozen or more set ups, all louder with windows down or 1 door open.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I guess I got to make door panels to replace the Foam speaker baffles & stick a pair of my type-R's in each door, and fix the windows.

port area is 64.5 sq.in

Sadly, from my experience if your truck is louder with one or both windows down the box design will not change that. I have had 10+ boxes in my truck and all were louder with the windows down, chalk it up your cabin acoustics.

Extended Cabs... I think I should get an SUV If I want louder, or a Car...

I had about every port/sub orientation you can think of in my ext. cab and they were all louder with a window down

Just how it was, but yours could be different

Thanks all for the Reply's.

my extended cab s-10 with 2 12's does 54+ meca style on right at 4700 watts clamped... yeah they don't suck to get loud lol just suck sealed up

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived