Sundown Audio

Not taking one side or the other, that is for Sundown to decide.

However if you look closely at the pic,rather than a screwdriver poke or rip, it looks more like a cut form a box knife.

EDIT

The OP did it.... even if it was a DULL ass box knife...

RIGHT at the mount hole.....

Edited by KyLar96

Well Kylar i see you edited your post pretty quick. I did not say whether he did it or not. Only stating what it appeared to be.

The indent you spoke of before you edited it, is him pushing in on the surround. And since you edit your post, i will not continue my statement.

truthsayer

Not taking one side or the other, that is for Sundown to decide.

However if you look closely at the pic,rather than a screwdriver poke or rip, it looks more like a cut form a box knife.

This is more what it looked like to me when I seen it.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

What size speaker is that? Can't tell if that's a thumb, index finger, or big toe,

Permatex black rtv would be less than $5 for a small tube and if you "gasket/glue" it right, it's gonna be the strongest part of the surround. Use like a split pea size drop on both sides, smash it in the crack (LOL) and wipe off the excess... You'd be hard pressed to even notice the repair.

I get that you probably feel you shouldn't have to but just saying, it's a lot cheaper than shipping the sub back, :unknw:

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hope you get this straightened out. It looks like your drill hopped and you went through the surround. I've done it on mids in driver doors before, never a sub, but plenty of mids are currently resting in peace.

Yup I have one in my DD German 6.5 I cried

Sounds to me like they great guys there at Sundown are trying to work with you to resolve the problem. I dont blame them for wanting you to send it back to them to have them look at it. Lord knows how many times people put holes in the surround while installing it, got pissed, then emailed sundown saying it came in like that. (not saying you did just making example). If you dont want to send it in either recone it or do like the guys here are saying and goop it up.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire