Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Define decent. What do you need/want out of the head unit?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I want it to have good AM/FM radio reception, some adjustability with EQ, preferably Bluetooth (if not, I won't lose sleep over it as long as it has a USB port), and preferably made in the US (or at least somewhere else than Asia).

Posted

Made in the US...... not gonna happen, HU's are basically china made only now-a-days.

I have been very happy with my Kenwood Excelon Series HU.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

I'm very impressed with the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597. I think I have found my new HU. Thanks a lot for the suggestion Chevy!

I have the KDC-x595, has USB, aux cord, fm/am, bluetooth, blah blah blah, the works. Was like 170.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Another vote for Kenwood Excelon. I have an X997, freaking awesome.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I want it to have good AM/FM radio reception, some adjustability with EQ, preferably Bluetooth (if not, I won't lose sleep over it as long as it has a USB port), and preferably made in the US (or at least somewhere else than Asia).

Naught for nothing, but people thinking they're going to buy a good HU for 100$ is the reason we don't make them in the USA. In fact I can't think of more than 2 that ever were made in USA.

Posted

I know a lot of people run Clarion CZ702 but I can not remember how much they are. I bought my Sony HU thats in my sig for $100 and it has bluetooth, usb, aux, and some pretty cool customization options color wise. The only thing is that I wish it had 4v preouts.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I know a lot of people run Clarion CZ702 but I can not remember how much they are. I bought my Sony HU thats in my sig for $100 and it has bluetooth, usb, aux, and some pretty cool customization options color wise. The only thing is that I wish it had 4v preouts.

$130ish on Amazon

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1874 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...