jonathancullen89 Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 awww forgot you have to work around the hinges for your trunk. Mine wasnt like that it had the hydraulics on it. yeah that would be a little more interesting. its possible tho trust me. With patience comes great things. if your gna do the back seat idea. make a platform and do a 4th order. bolt everything down good so someone doesnt bust out your back window and walk away with your stuff 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
rsfm089 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 The longest width I have is 31. I guess I really don't want to build a box in my trunk its hard and very time consuming I work 65 to 70 hours a week if I build in the trunk it would never get completed sealing off the trunk and putting a box in the back set is much more doable for me plus I never sealed this box off cause I know next year after I get a truck the wall will start and my car will just be parked. I think the 94 and 96 are different also my back seat didn't look anything like that before I took it all out. Thank u for all of the info and help though. Can't lie was really looking for a box design
sbg Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 The longest width I have is 31. I guess I really don't want to build a box in my trunk its hard and very time consuming I work 65 to 70 hours a week if I build in the trunk it would never get completed sealing off the trunk and putting a box in the back set is much more doable for me plus I never sealed this box off cause I know next year after I get a truck the wall will start and my car will just be parked. I think the 94 and 96 are different also my back seat didn't look anything like that before I took it all out. Thank u for all of the info and help though. Can't lie was really looking for a box design Well if I was you, I would just wait until a wall. Back seat box is ghetto. Sounds Like trash.. And just waiting for someone to come along and bust a window out and take your stuff. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
hispls Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 The longest width I have is 31. I guess I really don't want to build a box in my trunk its hard and very time consuming I work 65 to 70 hours a week if I build in the trunk it would never get completed sealing off the trunk and putting a box in the back set is much more doable for me plus I never sealed this box off cause I know next year after I get a truck the wall will start and my car will just be parked. I think the 94 and 96 are different also my back seat didn't look anything like that before I took it all out. Thank u for all of the info and help though. Can't lie was really looking for a box design The reason you're not getting a "box design" is that people who know what they're doing know that there's never been a "box in the back seat" in the history of boxes in the back seat that has sounded anything remotely good or loud. What you're being told by those who know is that for the effort of sealing off the trunk well enough for it to work you could just seal off the trunk and have a box in the trunk that would perform far better and not look so ghetto or be certain death if you ever got in a collision.
slowfkncar Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 Those cvr's must really get down like that. I sealed off the same way and ran a temporary 15cvr while waiting for my custom coils. It was loud enough to get me pulled over for loud music with all windows up. To be fair the cop was a dick.
jonathancullen89 Posted August 14, 2014 Report Posted August 14, 2014 yeah i was really impressed with it, the cvr's were only in there for about a month then replaced with alpine type s. it sounded really good, clean. i should have taken pics when it was finished, looked a lot cleaner . that was after i finished with expanda foam. if i ever own another trunk car its how im building it. no annoying trunk rattles. the box expanded toward the sides more. i did the two boxes seperate, was the only way to fit those big of boxes in the trunk without building in trunk (civics are small). after they were in i built the rest around it. finished with 8 cans of foam. was a HUGE difference from with just the boxes in there then to completely sealed. had to mess with it of course to see how big of a difference it really made. you can kinda see in the pic but i cut the metal in the back of the seat, then but through the foam till it was through to the fabric. cut three of these in the back of the seat. the fabric on the back of the seat was crazy to watch with the seat up. 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
rsfm089 Posted August 14, 2014 Author Report Posted August 14, 2014 Okay I understand and will quit being a hard head. Sorry. What if I want inverted and did aero ports could that save me some room getting myblast big box in really sucked a lot. Once again thank u for helping me not waist time or money.
Guest Posted August 14, 2014 Report Posted August 14, 2014 you could have the subs firing up in the trunk and possibly fit a box big enough if you built it in the trunk
rsfm089 Posted August 14, 2014 Author Report Posted August 14, 2014 Heard way to many things about sub's up I don't want to just tear my trunk up I'd rather tear up the in side lol
jonathancullen89 Posted August 14, 2014 Report Posted August 14, 2014 nooooo subs up unless all you want it annoying or your going to add a lot of deadener. just seal that one box off facing forward. you will be happy you did. save for your wall 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.