Sonic Electronix

Scientific proof? I'm not going to go through the trouble to tracking any such thing down.

However, anyone can follow this link and see if they can hear the distortion at 1% THD.

Given how loud many of the users on here listen to their systems, it could easily be possible they have sustained enough hearing damage to no longer hear the difference. I'd be interested in hearing how many can and can't hear the 1% THD.

For me, I can hear the 1% distortion change and until my hearing degrades enough to no longer be able to hear such, I have no real need to buy the DD1 or any other tool specifically for setting gains.

Is setting gains by ear with test tones for everyone? No. Can if be as effective as the DD1 or O-scope? Yes.

Scientific proof? I'm not going to go through the trouble to tracking any such thing down.

However, anyone can follow this link and see if they can hear the distortion at 1% THD.

Given how loud many of the users on here listen to their systems, it could easily be possible they have sustained enough hearing damage to no longer hear the difference. I'd be interested in hearing how many can and can't hear the 1% THD.

For me, I can hear the 1% distortion change and until my hearing degrades enough to no longer be able to hear such, I have no real need to buy the DD1 or any other tool specifically for setting gains.

Is setting gains by ear with test tones for everyone? No. Can if be as effective as the DD1 or O-scope? Yes.

wow man...so much shit going on and on and on,....just let it go man..the O-scope and the dd-1 method are both better than your ˝magnificent˝ ear-o-meter....

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

for fucks sake man, you are spewing shit out of your mouth. ears are not as effective. instead of using shit other people say do some of your own research. Use what other people say as a basis to form a hypothesis and perform some tests. otherwise you are just saying shit.

You can't expect to convince people that something is drastically different than what is considered normal without having something to back it up with.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

lets do it this way. prove it or I ban you. not for not liking the dd1. but for spreading rumors and bullshit and all the other reasons I have not to allow you to be a member

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you have until 10 pm tonight

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

you have until 10 pm tonight

can't you just leave it alone? Obviously if you don't respond he won't have anything to "lie" about. And as part of the admin, i would've expected a much much better reason and resolution. Get off your power trip Super Trooper.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

youre next then

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

you mean just let him spread lies? how is that OK?

his method isn't a lie. It's an "old-fashioned" way to do it. I agree, i don't think it's nearly as accurate as a dd-1 or other tools. Completely agree. But you're ripping his ass because he doen't invest in a dd-1 to tune it.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

you mean just let him spread lies? how is that OK?

his method isn't a lie. It's an "old-fashioned" way to do it. I agree, i don't think it's nearly as accurate as a dd-1 or other tools. Completely agree. But you're ripping his ass because he doen't invest in a dd-1 to tune it.

no, he IS saying it is as accurate. That is the problem.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived