Last week I did a few things I at one time swore I would never do. I flew on a plane for the first time. 4 of them actually. Savannah to ATL, ATL to Santa Ana , then back home seven days later. I purposely drove on the 405 at rush hour, just hoping to see a high speed chase. I shopped along Rodeo Drive. Woop de doo - after all It is just a expensive outdoor mall with expensive valet parking. I think my girlfriend and her good friend located every mall in southern california , and I had to walk thru every one. On the flip side though - Orange county is absolutely beautiful. No amount of traffic, no massive population, with the crazy homes waiting to slide in to the pacific , the miles and miles of stores, and freeways - nothing will change just how cool this place was to a guy from georgia. Georgia- You know home to swamps and pine trees, humidity and mosquitoes, flat ground and super closed minded rednecks. - Georgia is not California.

We stayed in San Juan Capistrano for the week, we went to Dana Point, Laguna , Newport, Huntington, San clemente, L.A. , Hollywood, Manhattan Beach, I rode down sunset Blvd, I got to shop along Melrose avenue. Whch by the way is the coolest place ever. Anything for anybody is there. No matter what your budget. I Drove right past the Petersen Automotive museum ( never made it inside- don't ask- I was overruled by 2 women ) and the Labrea tar pits, didn't look exciting enough to stop though. I spent a whole bunch of money, I saw damn near every exotic car on the market today either at the dealership on on the road, I saw too many people that have way - WAY TOO MUCH MONEY.... ( I am envious :) -) I saw some of the most bizarre characters in the world on Venice beach - go once- in the daytime - and you will see enough to last a lifetime. That place was weird even to me and all my tattoos and piercings.

The best part about all of this ... I wanna move there. I wanna be another guy who thinks I can afford the high real estate, the crazy traffic , the everything in excess. I want to move all the way across country and start over some where in So-cal. The weather is tropical, the rolling green hills are a sight that can't be described, the beaches were unlike anything on the east coast, except the gulf coast of florida. The rush of people, the whole fact that - to me ...... Well It was like being in another country all together. I really did not want to come home. The only thing I missed was not having my FJ to cruise around in. The rented maxima was nice, but was not FJ cruiser, and the stereo sucked ass.

Ohh yeah. I found me a Alpine 9887 deck and the imprint kit hile I was out there. Al-Ed's had it, but it was in warehouse, and i decided to buy it on friday before I left, so it didn't come home with me, but it will be here in a day or two...YAY!!!!!

I will go back to visit, and somehow , when my girl finishes up her masters, we are gonna pack it up and head west. on to some pics.

I didn't get alot of scenic shots, and I didn't wanna look like a bumbling tourist, but here they are....

a newport sunset

DSCN0684.jpg

a park along the pacific coast highway, between newport and laguna

DSCN0689.jpg

some of the houses that start in the millions.

DSCN0688.jpg

from a hilltop in san juan capistrano , the cool thing is, you can be on the beach in some places, turn from the ocean, and see all the way across the valley at the mountains with snow on them. from the damn beach!!!

DSCN0691.jpg

huntington beach

DSCN0708.jpg

the huntington pier

DSCN0713.jpg

more pics coming....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Huntington, looking toward Long beach. Oh yeah I went up there too.

DSCN0711.jpg

Rodeo Drive.....Looked alot smaller in person.

DSCN0717.jpg

We found this damn place while we were there too.

DSCN0716.jpg

And this place. Got a t-shirt. Didn't get too see any of the big names, cool none the less

DSCN0722.jpg

This was at a car shop on Melrose , completely blacked out. tint, wheels, tail and head lights, black leather, everything just shiny black. SICK :)

DSCN0721.jpg

and no trip to Hollywood would be complete without some shot like this...

DSCN0719.jpg

more pics coming....

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

Venice Beach. I saw it once. that was more than enough.

DSCN0725.jpg

the famous bike path along the sand in Venice.

DSCN0727.jpg

Muscle Beach. yeah. whatever.Bunch a weirdos covered in oil trying to look like Fucking hercules....

DSCN0731.jpg

from the flight out of town...

DSCN0739.jpg

this sht shows the area where the roadside park is in the first few pics...

DSCN0741.jpg

And here you can see the snow on the mountain tops. Like I mentioned i could this clearly from a few places in huntington...

DSCN0747.jpg

That is pretty much it, sorry no cheesy pics of my girlfriend and our friends that live out there.

Edited by trainman0978

My Kulicki Box Build

newports definitely a fun place to live...i love it here...where did you visit in the newport/irvine area?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall