Almost T-boned a RedLight Runner

OrionStang

damn thats cheap. I need to see what Illinois law says about recording cop conversations

I actually just did a recent look up on those laws for Illinois. The courts found the states eavesdropping law to be unconstitutional and got rid of it. Now legal to record police in Illinois.

Orion, I seen vids you have posted before with the dash cam, want one so bad. My only question is, what exactly can you use for external storage for these? Could I put a ssd in the car somewhere? I would do a regular HDD but I don't think it will like the bass lol

It has an SD slot and can hold up to a 32g card. It runs on a loop, so if the card fills up, it will start back again at the beginning. 32g is many hours of recording LOL. I don't worry about stopping it unless there is an incident like this. Simply download the clip (can be set for 2, 5, or 15 minute clips) then put the card back in the camera. I run 2 minute clips, because in most cases, driving incidents are only a few seconds long.

i read the title of the thread, and before i even saw the author i guessed it would be you. People are so fucking bad at driving in temecula dude, it's crazy.

Way too many people, in a small area, who are way too much of a hurry. Its fucking retarded.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Do you just keep it plugged in at all times? Does it start recording the moment it gets power, or do you have to start it manually?

You can leave it on all the time. I manually turn it off and on in most cases. There is supposed to be a way to set it to turn on automatically if the car moves at all, like if you open the door and sit down, but I haven't figured that out.

The instructions are obviously Chinese, that was translated with a cheap program.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

that was close, get reactions

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

How the hell is this so cheap and I don't have one yet? The picture is good, the audio is good, I am ordering one now. Thank you for the info. And thank god for those good old american parts built with pride in Mexico.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Same thing happed to me on my streetbike. I was up in between cars at the light went to to take off and stalled...i had 40k on the bike and never once stalled taking off from a light..but I did that day. Not even a second later a truck I.e barreling through went off the road into dirt area. Turns out the guy lost brakes and my ass would have been creamed by a big rig. Scary shit. as for people who run red lights trying to make the yellow so they can save 30sec on their commute...fuck em. Selfish pricks feel like 30sec of their time is worth more than a life.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i have a g1w-c. absolutely no reason to not get one. i have it plugged into my usb cig port 100% of the time. camera turns on and starts recording as soon as the 12v plug sees power. turns off after a short bit of time (programmable time iirc) after the 12v loses power.

this is the exact one i bought from this store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Capacitor-Vision-No-Battery-G1W-C-Car-Dash-Camera-DVR-NT96650-Chip-AR0330-Lens-/281348015029

i have a 32 gig sd card in it. runs flawlessly.

Thanks OrionStang I just ordered one. I'm gonna see how well it holds up and order another one for my other car. We have some really bad drivers around Fayetteville N.C. so one of these will come in handy. Glad you didn't wreck too. I'm usually pretty cautious around here because red light runners are way to common. I usually wait a second or two before taking off when my light turns green to verify there is no douchebag running the light that will hit me.

Archived