Almost T-boned a RedLight Runner

OrionStang

Honestly man, if you were watching, you could have seen they weren't stopping. Although I guess that's easy to say now that I'm looking for it.

I almost did this exact same thing, only I was on my bike, and the dude would have T-boned me. Was at a 4-way light, turned green, took off even easier than you did, and the dude came through the middle lane of 3 from my right (other two had 2-3 cars in them, which made it even worse). He never even hit his brakes. Good thing I seen him out of the corner of my eye or I'd be in bad shape right now. I had adrenaline runnin for a solid 15 minutes.

Good thing you missed him in any event.

Sure, I could have judged better, but I saw his car was nosed over like he was braking hard, then my initial focus was the F150 coming from the right, he was flying, too. A lot going on at once. I will say this, I usually take off hard at this light, but since I am breaking in new axle bearings I didn't. Broke ass Ford parts might have saved me LOL.

Yeah, it's easy to see watching on the video, but in person is always different. You and the car are good, so that's all that matters now I guess :shrug:

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Just ordered one, figure 16 bux is a cheap price to pay for the peace of mind.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

which one? the most recommended cheap one is the one i bought that i linked a few posts up

I got the 16 dollar one lol, it should be fine for now

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

which one? the most recommended cheap one is the one i bought that i linked a few posts up

I got the 16 dollar one lol, it should be fine for now

my old $110 one kept messing up and freezing. $60 one is performing better. does 1080p at 30fps i think. and has a G sensor so if it senses an impact it'll lock the file from getting overwritten. and no battery (capacitor based) so it wont fuggin explode when the camera gets to like 160F on the windshield.

edit: its worth spending the bit more money, just like audio :P and there are knock offs EVERYWHERE.

WOW! What an idiot! I remember a thread about dash cams a years ago or so and went ahead and picked myself up a DR32. My vehicle doesn't have a cig lighter output that comes on or off with the key. It's a constant on. I had to get an USB hub for the headunit. One usb port has my thumb drive and the other port has my camera. The camera has cut out a few times for a few seconds but don't know if that's due to power draw, or just a failing camera. I'm going to have to plug it into the cig port. My car has been broken all summer so I'll have to wait when it's back up and running again.

However, using the dual usb rear out on the double din pioneer, the camera never cut out. Might have had 500a to each port, and the alpine now only has 1 500a port powering two devices. Since Orion mentioned he can turn his off, I'll see if I can with mine also. Then just leave it in the cig port and manually shut it off when I exit the vehicle. Also may be helpful this way to just have it running.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

• 3 weeks later...

Archived