Hugh G. Rection Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 Its probably the box but I would check and make sure you don't have one of the sub's wired out of phase. I know that may sound dumb but I can't remember how many times I either wasn't paying attention and did this by mistake. It will fuck your SPL score right the fuck up. It has a huge impact on two wooferr setups and sometimes isn't as big of a deal in multi woofer systems. A woofer out of phase could easily cost you 10dB.A two woofer system is a multi woofer system. Owner of BigAss Ports
Nightshade Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 Its probably the box but I would check and make sure you don't have one of the sub's wired out of phase. I know that may sound dumb but I can't remember how many times I either wasn't paying attention and did this by mistake. It will fuck your SPL score right the fuck up. It has a huge impact on two wooferr setups and sometimes isn't as big of a deal in multi woofer systems. A woofer out of phase could easily cost you 10dB.A two woofer system is a multi woofer system. True, but you knew what I meant. That's why I referenced a two woofer system as that and a multi woofer differently, to distinguish a difference. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
kirill007 Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 This is one of the reasons why a bandpass box almost has no use. Unless you actually mean a fourth order which is a regular ported box, but I think you mean a 4th order bandpass. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
kirill007 Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 so ive had my mazda for just over 2 months now and my sound system for over a month. ive got 2 sa-10s in a 4th order tuned to 47 on an audison voce uno at 2 ohm. so roughly 1200 watts rms. for the life of me i cant get it over a 135. ive tried a new port and only gained a db from the origional port which is 133. A Mazda what? 4th order isn't some magical paradigm to automatically get loud. I've got a simple skar Ivx 10 in my ram single cab on a 200rms kicker amp in a simple ported box that is doing 138 on the term lab in the 30hz range. Usually those "simple" ported boxes are the ones that get the loudest with the best frequency response. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
audiofanaticz Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 Usually those "simple" ported boxes are the ones that get the loudest with the best frequency response. Thats not true, everyone is doing bandpass enclosures now, so those are the best. They are the in thing! Ported boxes are like sealed boxes now days, if it aint bandpass it aint worth a damn. Who cares that a simple ported box would walk all over this bandpass, its garbage because its not bandpass...
Guest Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 Usually those "simple" ported boxes are the ones that get the loudest with the best frequency response.Thats not true, everyone is doing bandpass enclosures now, so those are the best.They are the in thing! Ported boxes are like sealed boxes now days, if it aint bandpass it aint worth a damn. Who cares that a simple ported box would walk all over this bandpass, its garbage because its not bandpass... I'm sorry was that sarcasm?
Maxim Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 Usually those "simple" ported boxes are the ones that get the loudest with the best frequency response.Thats not true, everyone is doing bandpass enclosures now, so those are the best.They are the in thing! Ported boxes are like sealed boxes now days, if it aint bandpass it aint worth a damn. Who cares that a simple ported box would walk all over this bandpass, its garbage because its not bandpass... I'm sorry was that sarcasm? Does N8 do sarcasm a lot? I'm not sure if I've seen it before. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Facekicker Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 lol^ 2002 Monte Carlo Started a build log Fi, DC, Mechman, XS Power
TRTC360 Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 so ive had my mazda for just over 2 months now and my sound system for over a month. ive got 2 sa-10s in a 4th order tuned to 47 on an audison voce uno at 2 ohm. so roughly 1200 watts rms. for the life of me i cant get it over a 135. ive tried a new port and only gained a db from the origional port which is 133. A Mazda what? 4th order isn't some magical paradigm to automatically get loud. I've got a simple skar Ivx 10 in my ram single cab on a 200rms kicker amp in a simple ported box that is doing 138 on the term lab in the 30hz range. Usually those "simple" ported boxes are the ones that get the loudest with the best frequency response. then please explain to me why most of the musical record holders run bandpasses? pipo, mick, gibson, bowman, kilian, etc '93 Firebird Formula V8 H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395 Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4 Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0 G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator www.youtube.com/TRTC360
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.