Nice Sounding/Loud tweeters and 6x9s

Jon Tyler

Seems like from your other posts you need to do the research first. I am not just being an asshole when I say that, it will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Ditch the 6x9s, run 6.5" component sets and a 4-channel amp. 6x9s will always sound like crap I have dealt with them in multiple vehicles, they always sound "ok" then you end up buying components anyway because you get annoyed with them sounding just OK no matter what you do to EQ them.

Or you go deaf and you can't tell the difference.

Look at brands like Rockford($-$$), Zapco($-$$$), Crescendo($), Zaph Audio($$), B2($), Hybrid Audio Technologies ($$$)

the only issue is i dont have anywhere to put the 6.5"s. i drive an 84 monte carlo, so the only place is the rear deck, and im not sure if they would fit well

Make up an adapter plate or two?

Or if you don't have the gear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6X9-to-6-5-Car-Speakers-Front-Door-Adapter-SAA69-6-5F-/190571291160

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

the only issue is i dont have anywhere to put the 6.5"s. i drive an 84 monte carlo, so the only place is the rear deck, and im not sure if they would fit well

If I remember correctly, the 84 Monte Carlo has dash locations for a pair of 4" drivers ... Correct ??? You can get a nice pair of Kicker 4" coax drivers from Walmart to get you started ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If I remember correctly, the 84 Monte Carlo has dash locations for a pair of 4" drivers ... Correct ??? You can get a nice pair of Kicker 4" coax drivers from Walmart to get you started ...

thats a possibility, i still have to pull the crap set out of the dash, ill do some measurements, but id rather not hit up walmart for my speakers lol

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

Who cares where you buy them ... As long as they work up to your expectations. I buy stuff form Walmart all of the time if they have what I need.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

thats a possibility, i still have to pull the crap set out of the dash, ill do some measurements, but id rather not hit up walmart for my speakers lol

making you own kick panels or buying a set would alleviate that issue.

My image dynamics ctx sound great and i thk you can pick them up for around $150, great clear highs and good midbass and you can put some decent power to them

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

My image dynamics ctx sound great and i thk you can pick them up for around $150, great clear highs and good midbass and you can put some decent power to them

1994 Ford bronco

Infininti kappa 4 channel driving a pair of reference 6.5s and a pair of 6x8 kappas

downfiring console w/ a pair of image dynamic 8s on a memphis 250.1

1999 Honda Civic Si

front doors- image dynamics ctx 6" coaxial with ID tweets

Back deck- Image Dynamics ctx 6x9" coaxials

Bass- PSI platform 1 12" in a 4th order tuned to 39hz

Amps- CT sounds 60.4 highs and mids, Ampere Audio 1k bass

Power- Big 3 upgrade, second juicebox 50ah battery, sky high 1/0, skyhigh battery terminals

Good advice, but I think that's way outside his budget.

A pair of 6X9's on the rear deck will sound absolutely awful.

Good advice, but I think that's way outside his budget.

A pair of 6X9's on the rear deck will sound absolutely awful.

I mean...it can be done. Granted its not going be great but it will be a lot better.

Tweeters: ($48 for 2)

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/prv-audio-tw-350ti/

Speakers: ($80 for 2)

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/6mb200-4-4ohm/

or

Comp Set: ($119)

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/cz-6-5-2-way/

Adapters: ($16 for 2)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3689_Metra-82-6901.html

or a vehicle specific kick pod from Qlogic

http://www.qlogicdirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=222_223_315_1205&products_id=79

4 Channel amp: ($145)

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8326-r300-4-rockford-fosgate-4-channel-300-watt-prime-series-amplifier.aspx

Total: OPT1 (active crossover i.e. you set the crossover level via the amp settings) $289 OP2 (passive, an easier install and less tuning more plug and play) $264

Add $200 to those prices if you run the Qlogic kick pods. I would make them out of MDF. You could do it with MDF, a jigsaw and a sander which would be like $50 at THE MOST. (borrowing a jigsaw and sander of course)

Once again don't get me wrong, but OP this took me 5-8 minutes to look up using this forum and google. Just gotta look around man.

I have a pair of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71954_NVX-VSP69.html

They are very loud and clear even with my sub in the back. I installed speaker baffles to stop pressure from hitting the back of the 6x9 cone and a lot of sound deadening on the rear deck.

Archived